Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Possible Dec 1-3 Winter Storm

Zelocita Weather

25 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

wow even I got 5 inches in that one, so I guess yours is worse than mine.

I've always thought that being just west of Staten Island would be a great spot for snow- your totals dont match Newark's I take it?

No, they often don't. I mean, in big storms, HECS, we do well, but in most marginal situations we don't do well compared to others to our east, west, north, or south. Jan 2011 was one that jackpotted us, but it also did so for large areas, so did Jan 2016. In Feb 2006, we had around 18 inches, but areas two miles from here had 26! In March 2018, areas to my immediate west ( like 5 min down 27 )had 10 inches or more while we had around 4. Like I said, it happens often enough that there has to be some reason for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NJHurricane said:

Mmmmmm

9DF8F605-2685-44D7-B83F-7A0A4E782B03.jpeg

It's that band that keeps showing up....the one that has my back yard getting nothing while the guy two blocks away gets 3-6. I wonder if is the influence of Raritan Bay or the Arthur Kill. I'm not right on the bay, but a few miles in. We don't think of ourselves as coastal at all, but a hundred years ago Sewaren was a beach resort...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

No, they often don't. I mean, in big storms, HECS, we do well, but in most marginal situations we don't do well compared to others to our east, west, north, or south. Jan 2011 was one that jackpotted us, but it also did so for large areas, so did Jan 2016. In Feb 2006, we had around 18 inches, but areas two miles from here had 26! In March 2018, areas to my immediate west ( like 5 min down 27 )had 10 inches or more while we had around 4. Like I said, it happens often enough that there has to be some reason for it.

Jan 1996 and Feb 1983 must have been great there too.

There have been 4 20"+ storms here since 1983- Feb 1983, Jan 1996, Feb 2003 (PD2), Jan 2016, which was the best with over 30"

Got screwed over in Feb 2006 with half the totals the city got.

Jan 2011- do you mean Boxing Day? That was 18" here, close but not 20"

Have only had 10" after February twice- March 1993 which changed to rain and March (1) 2009 which was just barely 10" here.

Just now, Snow88 said:

Euro has the banding near Philly. 1-3 inches for the NYC area. Boston gets crushed with over 15 inchea.

No wonder Mt Holly issued that alert!

An old style 80s snowstorm with more snow in Philly AND Boston.  Snow to the south of us and snow to the North of us, and rain in between :P

It's all rain here now.