Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Possible Dec 1-3 Winter Storm

Zelocita Weather

1 minute ago, Snow88 said:

Every model except the nam has been showing this band into snj.

When i was a kid this was not unusual....areas to our west usually got more snow, down through Mercer/ Trenton. This is anecdotal. It's further from the coast so it could happen.On that map I'd be nearly out of any snow at all, just west of SI. After a lull earlier, we are into some freezing rain here, with cars glazed over lightly.

2 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Wow these maps are brutal today. Not really shocked the mega band moved NW as that's typical but to see a place like AC possibly cash in? Ouch. I Expect the band to set up over western Jersey, those in Sussex county are in for a good one.

Ukie also has the band into SNJ and eastern LI.

These bands are so fickle. We will not know what will happen  until tomorrow. 

7 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

When i was a kid this was not unusual....areas to our west usually got more snow, down through Mercer/ Trenton. This is anecdotal. It's further from the coast so it could happen.On that map I'd be nearly out of any snow at all, just west of SI. After a lull earlier, we are into some freezing rain here, with cars glazed over lightly.

Remember 08-09?  There was an IVT band there in February I think that dumped 8-10" in the Philly area down to Delaware and South Jersey.  We did okay- about 4" or so.  Of course the guy who measured at JFK was derelict in his duties and left it at half an inch during the early stages of the storm and never measured again, even though there were snow plows out lol.

They even commented about that on the news.

10 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

even April 1997 was like this.

If you were further south, in Monmouth, you'd probably do better lol.

48 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

We really won't know who's gonna get hit the most until it starts happening. 

High bust potential either way.

However with the closed low passing to our south I feel a little better about our chances.

OUr locals are not real bullish on our area, 1-3 seems the possible and most likely scenario, and would be a typical type outcome. But any snow early in Dec is nice to see; could mean an active pattern ahead, despite all the gloom and doom I see in the long term outlooks.

6 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

even April 1997 was like this.

If you were further south, in Monmouth, you'd probably do better lol.

Yeah we had nothing in April 97, or maybe a slight dusting; there was one that left a quarter inch that wasn't treated and this destroyed my 1987 Dodge Ram when I slit into a curb. Two wheel drive guzzler that was awful in any kind of snow.

Just now, weatherpruf said:

Yeah we had nothing in April 97, or maybe a slight dusting; there was one that left a quarter inch that wasn't treated and this destroyed my 1987 Dodge Ram when I slit into a curb. Two wheel drive guzzler that was awful in any kind of snow.

How did you do in the April storm of the prior year, April 1996?  That one got areas to your south in Monmouth with 6-9 inches.

3 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

How did you do in the April storm of the prior year, April 1996?  That one got areas to your south in Monmouth with 6-9 inches.

Nothing. BUt as I traveled into Union C on the Parkway I saw a few inches. But I am in a bit of a snowhole that rarely jackpots, its just the way it is. Many people here don't even believe me, it will be snowing heavy to my west or east or wherever and we'll be getting light snow and struggling to get more than 3 inches. This happens too often to not be some sort of area phenomenon.

8 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

Nothing. BUt as I traveled into Union C on the Parkway I saw a few inches. But I am in a bit of a snowhole that rarely jackpots, its just the way it is. Many people here don't even believe me, it will be snowing heavy to my west or east or wherever and we'll be getting light snow and struggling to get more than 3 inches. This happens too often to not be some sort of area phenomenon.

wow even I got 5 inches in that one, so I guess yours is worse than mine.

I've always thought that being just west of Staten Island would be a great spot for snow- your totals dont match Newark's I take it?