Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Possible Dec 1-3 Winter Storm

Zelocita Weather

Just now, bluewave said:

I have no idea where the band may set up. But the forecast soundings have very steep mid level lapse rates and elevated TT’s. So it’s possible somebody gets thunder if that IVT sets up. So many moving parts with this event that it may come down to nowcast time on Monday.

Hit it on the head-agree if there was ever anything that came down to a now cast this is it....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, psv88 said:

Usually the north shore is about the same as the city in marginal setups, this one may be different, but too early to tell.

I wouldn't say "usually".  It depends on the time of year.  Very early in the season actually favors the city.  Most of the cold season favors the north shore in marginal set-ups.  But its situational.  Some storms are going to shaft us.  March 1914 and February 2010 come to mind as noteworthy exceptions to the late in the season pattern.  Everyone here remembers the March storm, right?  :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kingbaus said:

18z euro looks meh in the first part.

Suggests northern parts of the area would see a quick 1-2" tomorrow.

It looks great Monday. Has the narrow axis of 1"+ QPF pretty much over the city. The rain/snow line would collapse quickly southeast during the morning hours. 

Boston has heavy snow into Tuesday morning. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, purduewx80 said:

Suggests northern parts of the area would see a quick 1-2" tomorrow.

It looks great Monday. Has the narrow axis of 1"+ QPF pretty much over the city. The rain/snow line would collapse quickly southeast during the morning hours. 

Boston has heavy snow into Tuesday morning. 

I’m expecting 1 to 3 inches tomorrow

3 minutes ago, kingbaus said:

No I'm getting the info from SNE forum no maps yet. But purdue says over a 1" of frozen precip.

I didn't say that, just that it has heavy precipitation amounts. Verbatim it has a gradient in snowfall, with the heaviest on the north and west side of the city, NNJ, SI.

2 minutes ago, purduewx80 said:

I didn't say that, just that it has heavy precipitation amounts. Verbatim it has a gradient in snowfall, with the heaviest on the north and west side of the city, NNJ, SI.

How reliable  are these clown maps? 

3 minutes ago, NYCSNOWMAN2020 said:

Agree 1000% ....not to over use phrase but this is a classic NOWCAST event...i think some areas will get a lot more snow in part 2 then currently  depicted  just my opinion..

I'm going to stare at the light pole all night on Monday. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, purduewx80 said:

same. regardless of what amounts we all end up with, there will be some fascinating mesoscale meteorology going down for at least parts of this sub-forum during the day monday.

good low level speed convergence while h5 deform is overhead

rgem_mslp_uv850_neus_55.png

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

I wouldn't say "usually".  It depends on the time of year.  Very early in the season actually favors the city.  Most of the cold season favors the north shore in marginal set-ups.  But its situational.  Some storms are going to shaft us.  March 1914 and February 2010 come to mind as noteworthy exceptions to the late in the season pattern.  Everyone here remembers the March storm, right?  :)

This isn’t our storm. Suffolk County will Probably be the only location north of Toms River in the entire NE without snow. A real painful storm incoming

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, psv88 said:

This isn’t our storm. Suffolk County will Probably be the only location north of Toms River in the entire NE without snow. A real painful storm incoming

Every storm has a surprise so you never know where that banding sets up. Long Island could get hit as the storm slowly pulls out

• Like 1
  • Haha 1