• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Possible Dec 1-3 Winter Storm

Zelocita Weather

The key for this evolution of the storm for the NYC metro region is the H5 energy that hangs back along the trough axis closer to the NJ coastline.  The trough elongates as the primary low reorganizes off the NJ coastline and gets ejected northeastward quickly, then as the energy hangs back to the southwest the low develops southwestward towards DE and NJ and then prolongs the event so it cools down enough for snow on the second low.

4 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Will be interesting to see what the hi res meso models do with the banding during their runs tomorrow and Sunday.

I have noticed that the RGEM AND HDRPS are way colder at the surface for the onset of the storm. Like 5+ degrees. Maybe they are on to something, though probably not. Wish the HDRP went out farther hour 48 looks sweet lol

Just now, Sn0waddict said:

I have noticed that the RGEM AND HDRPS are way colder at the surface for the onset of the storm. Like 5+ degrees. Maybe they are on to something, though probably not. Wish the HDRP went out farther hour 48 looks sweet lol

I'm not even interested in the initial batch for my area.  Our NW crew should see a plowable snow out of that though which is awesome.   I'm more interested for when the meso models get in range for the ULL banding. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rjay said:

I'm not even interested in the initial batch for my area.  Our NW crew should see a plowable snow out of that though which is awesome.   I'm more interested for when the meso models get in range for the ULL banding. 

Yep. Maybe a nice hour or so here but largely a non issue for us down here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rjay said:

Think that might not even be sorted out entirely until the initial thump is already on our doorstep.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NutleyBlizzard said:

Why do I have the feeling we're going to see a redux of last November's snowstorm. DPW better be on alert with this one. Highly volatile forecast.

I live in Clifton NJ and work in West Caldwell. Normally it would take me 20 mins to get back home going threw 80 east. This time last year it took me over 8 hours. I never want to experience that ever again. Complete grid lock aka shut down and complete failure of the state to do proper work during snow event.