Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Possible Dec 1-3 Winter Storm

Zelocita Weather

21 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Eventually some light-mod snow at 81 but wouldn't be a big deal. Surface temps in the upper 20s so at least a mood covering.

That’s a really nice look at the end of the run. A stationary strengthening low sitting SE of LI with an expanding precipitation shield. Looks moderate to heavy to me too. Not sure how anyone could have an issue with that.

8 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

That’s a really nice look at the end of the run. A stationary strengthening low sitting SE of LI with an expanding precipitation shield. Looks moderate to heavy to me too. Not sure how anyone could have an issue with that.

I'd take this solution in a heartbeat. A few inches would be fine.

How’s surface temperature looking Monday afternoon on the NAM? 

I’m wondering if snow will stick. I have to drive from Astoria to Suffolk County Monday at 4pm. Knowing it’s Monday after thanksgiving and snow might stick, I can see the hell I’ll go through.

35 minutes ago, sussexcountyobs said:

Winter Storm Watch issued for me. NWS not elaborating on totals.  But, say light snow and ice accumulation Sunday and Sunday night,  heavy snow accumulations Monday into Monday evening. 

Very dependent on the position and track of the upper low as well as position and track of the second coastal low.  I have very low confidence on Monday right now.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, David-LI said:

How’s surface temperature looking Monday afternoon on the NAM? 

I’m wondering if snow will stick. I have to drive from Astoria to Suffolk County Monday at 4pm. Knowing it’s Monday after thanksgiving and snow might stick, I can see the hell I’ll go through.

Per NAM that's when the snow should start. Probably not too bad but the LIE sucks regardless.