Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Possible Dec 1-3 Winter Storm

Zelocita Weather

41 minutes ago, Amped said:

Anyone remember the Xmas 2002 storm? It was supposed to be mostly rain with more snow in NW areas.  Started off that way, but changed over to snow and  a band stalled over NYC, Long Island and CT,  Ended up with 6-10 in those areas.  That evolution  reminds me of what the CMC is showing.

I do. An unforecasted traffic nightmare.

1 hour ago, Amped said:

Anyone remember the Xmas 2002 storm? It was supposed to be mostly rain with more snow in NW areas.  Started off that way, but changed over to snow and  a band stalled over NYC, Long Island and CT,  Ended up with 6-10 in those areas.  That evolution  reminds me of what the CMC is showing.

http://www.raymondcmartinjr.com/weather/2003/25-Dec-02.html

Just now, NEG NAO said:

Yeah that little sliver of Union Co bordering Middlesex is where I took my walk that day, Rahway River Park. It was 1-3. Nice to walk in but I had no idea it was major storm elsewhere. Busy time of year. And didn't pay as much attention then.

Hopefully final friendly reminder that this forum encompasses more than just the coast. If you feel the threat is dead, you can discuss the overall pattern in the appropriate thread and allow the people in this subforum in the metro area to discuss the potential. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Weenie 1

Just now, Sn0waddict said:

Tough time believing those maps given the track. But Euro has sort of been all over the place with this too, so I wouldn’t fret too much.  Where the low retrogrades is a huge question mark still.

That’s a great track for heavy snow. 850’s never go above freezing in nyc

• Weenie 1