• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

40/70 Benchmark

I'm only 8 years out of high school and don't remember school being called the day before except only once I think (Jan 2011). Used to wake up, watch the scroll on WMUR, and hope for the best. Seeing Nashua come up then was like seeing my roulette number come up now. The texts and robocalls and tweets can't be any fun. 

• Like 1

My HS was supper stingy on the snow days until they got in trouble with the fire dept. for failing to clear snow from exits, then they called it off for just about any snow.  My Sr. year 92-93' had a bunch of snow days thanks to that policy and a good winter (in E. MA).

7 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

We used to get up at six and put the radio on praying to hear our school was cancelled. Never the night before.

Yep. Used to get a call around 5am if it was canceled/delayed. The decision would be made then and only then. How things were done back in the day and that's not even that long ago

Just now, DomNH said:

I'm only 8 years out of high school and don't remember school being called the day before and that was only once I think (Jan 2011). Used to wake up, watch the scroll on WMUR, and hope for the best. Seeing Nashua come up then was like seeing my roulette number come up now. The texts and robocalls and tweets can't be any fun. 

The only storm I remember school being cancelled in high school was the Blizzard of 2005 when they cancelled school for the entire work week.  The storm happened over the weekend and dropped over 24" widespread from eastern CT to the Cape, highways were not plowed enough to ensure safe travel so they cancelled the entire week.  The winter of 2000-2001 or 2001-2002 we had a winter storm warning in place and school was cancelled, not sure it was determined the prior night or that morning, but we got nothing that storm.  It went south.  Again I graduated high school twelve years ago.

1 minute ago, bobbutts said:

That 2-4 tonight and 1-2 they have for me tonight into tomorrow isn't happening is it?

It's going to be a struggle to saturate the column. If we can get some decent bands to back in we can do it, but if it sits over PSM and we have rinkydink returns there probably won't be a lot reaching the ground.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CT Rain said:

The people skewering us saying the storm was a bust even though they got 2" of snow and going to get some more tonight is hilarious. 

We also had a 5"-10" band within 5 miles of the Mass border in N CT that worked out well and a 10"+ in far northern Litchfield Co. Overall... from timing to amounts it worked out fine. People are just nasty and miserable. 

image.gif.c99135d8ca41679268d979413f79c37e.gif

9 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

What flakes! What snow! Oh the places we'll go!

It has been snowing pretty good for 6 hours and I have nothing to show for it. Temps have been in the low 30s all day. We would be looking at a few inches by now if temps were below freezing.

What a shame

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Heck, we had a fire station horn that would blast 2-2-2 at 6AM if there was no school.  

It's funny, was just reading this discussion, phone rings and they just cancelled school here in Andover for tomorrow (also was cancelled today).  We'll probably total over around a foot or so from the storm, but based on what's being said here, it sounds like the roads shouldn't be too bad tomorrow. 

• Like 1