Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

40/70 Benchmark

9 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

and we all said it was an impossibility two days ago when all guidance showed it... incredible... thinking we done, hopeful for a miracle

Ya but it went away from that idea for a long while...and it’s not looking too impressive for most areas now like it once was...Maine being the exception.  

I mentioned yesterday that if this didn't consolidate better we might have to deal with a farther east 2nd system -

Then of course what happens, the models summarily try to consolidate ... but, the lull today sort of precludes that as being successful and now on top of the 2nd system, the east -

typical bs making people jump through hoops

5 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

You only got 2 inches from the whole event?

2 inches yes, but a lot of freezing rain and some sleet...way more of that stuff than we thought.  Storm sucked here pretty much.  But I guess it got us on the board for the season.

last year we started off like a pro with 9” here on November 15th..but ended up finishing BN. 

Hopefully we rebound from this flop, and the season goes well from here.  I’d be good with that.

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I mentioned yesterday that if this didn't consolidate better we might have to deal with a farther east 2nd system -

Then of course what happens, the models summarily try to consolidate ... but, the lull today sort of precludes that as being successful and now on top of the 2nd system, the east -

typical bs

So are you out on this being eventful for the East? 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Ryan’s gung ho on it developing nicely Statewide  around 8:90 from the south. Not the stuff from the north. Who will be right . Wolf who cancelled anymore snow or Ryan?

I mean I think 1-3 additional but who knows. Would like to see it on radar.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Typical model bias not being progressive enough until hopes are up and then the final kick in nads while weenies are raised. Cruel bias lol

the now cast is likely now thru 5-6z

Everything always kicks ne with miller B, but this time it porked us.

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Ryan’s gung ho on it developing nicely Statewide  around 8:90 from the south. Not the stuff from the north. Who will be right . Wolf who cancelled anymore snow or Ryan?

Well Kev, sometimes you gotta look at things in real time, and just admit that it doesn’t look promising.  Sure hope Ryan’s right, but nothing on radar developing or closing in currently on the state, so I’m not optimistic at all.   I think Ryan is feeling the same way.  The stuff to the south Doesn’t seem to be rotating up currently much...that’s telling to me. 

It’s been a disappointment for the most part so far for most in the state, so I feel that trend continues with this next part too.  In a couple/few hours if radar doesn’t improve much...I think that’ll seal the deal here.   

The S NH/Rt. 2 stuff is sort of there but this shredded radar isn't going to get it done. If it doesn't start to consolidate within the next couple of hours then I wouldn't even be confident in more than another inch or two here. Seems like this ship is sinking fast but hopefully we can pull something decent out. That BOX map seems....ambitious...to me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

1-3” from Ryan is certainly doable. What’s bad about that? Wolfie growling.

Lol...1-3 Overnight would sooth the burn for sure.  And nothing bad about that at all, and would gladly take that. 

Im not too confident currently that we can even do that I guess was my point.  Will be watching the radar over the next few hours..that’ll tell a lot.  

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol...1-3 Overnight would sooth the burn for sure.  And nothing bad about that at all, and would gladly take that. 

Im not too confident currently that we can even do that I guess was my point.  Will be watching the radar over the next few hours..that’ll tell a lot.  

Since Saturday night we've had 3-5" for Hartford and 1-3" in New Haven and expected a lull most of today. It's amazing how many people think we got this one totally wrong even though forecasts have been pretty good.

• Like 1

Just now, CT Rain said:

Since Saturday night we've had 3-5" for Hartford and 1-3" in New Haven and expected a lull most of today. It's amazing how many people think we got this one totally wrong even though forecasts have been pretty good.

You had a good call. Most forecasts were good except for the assholes ripping snow weenie maps. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

You had a good call. Most forecasts were good except for the assholes ripping snow weenie maps. 

The people skewering us saying the storm was a bust even though they got 2" of snow and going to get some more tonight is hilarious. 

We also had a 5"-10" band within 5 miles of the Mass border in N CT that worked out well and a 10"+ in far northern Litchfield Co. Overall... from timing to amounts it worked out fine. People are just nasty and miserable. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

Your amounts were definitely spot on.  Very good call with that.  We had a lot of ice here In round one, that  certainly surprised me. Wasn’t expecting as much freezing rain as we got. And the temps stayed lower here than thought.