Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Agreed.  That’s how this goes 18”+ for someone.  I like your SW counties of the forecast area into NE MA as an overlap of both parts of the storm.

I do too. I think the Monadnocks could squeeze out some fair snow in the "lull" thanks to upsloping.

6 minutes ago, bishbish777 said:

Question for everybody:

My wife has to drive from Newton to Sturbridge area for work. How good are they about salting/plowing the highways? I am wondering if she should just call the day off tomorrow/Tuesday. Thanks.

Should be fine.  Will likely be slow with roads wet/sloppy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bishbish777 said:

Question for everybody:

My wife has to drive from Newton to Sturbridge area for work. How good are they about salting/plowing the highways? I am wondering if she should just call the day off tomorrow/Tuesday. Thanks.

Expect a much longer than normal drive.  They do ok at plowing etc but it can be hard to keep up

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bishbish777 said:

Question for everybody:

They keep the pike pretty clean so she should be ok, unless some truck jack knifes and traffic gets backed up for 10 miles.

48 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Seems reasonable...not the insane amounts of the euro, but Quite major nonetheless.  I like my area in CT on that depiction...now do I really believe that?  Not really lol. 

at least half of that isnt real for you or me. It counts the first half at about 7-8" for us, and obviously we're only getting like .5-1 at the most. So cut that in half and thats your total, around 6-8.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bishbish777 said:

Hey all, I'm new here! I grew up in the Pacific Northwest, so I know a decent bit about the weather out there. I'm pretty clueless about the weather around here, though. Lookin' forward to tracking this storm with y'all!

Cool and WELCOME!  Where in the PNW are you from?  My boy is out in Corvallis, OR.