Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

40/70 Benchmark

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm kind of getting worried about a firehose type deal during Monday afternoon/evening for the interior even before that coastal tries to go crazy for E MA.....the flow at H5 is like ESE with ENE mid-level flow and it's like that for a good 8-12 hours as the ULL takes its time passing to the south. More and more runs are not really showing much of a break in the precip during that time....or the break is getting smaller or over a smaller area. It is something to watch.

When you loop the sim reflectivities it looks like standing waves over the higher terrain amidst the midlevel precip rotating through.

• Like 1

Just now, weathafella said:

This somewhat under the radar has the potential to be an all timer...

For the interior hills, I agree....I def wouldn't actually forecast that right now, but there is some potential this could bust pretty big positively....I wouldn't be shocked if weenie ridge in Princeton or even ORH didn't stop snowing for 40+ hours in this.

But there's still uncertainty in both parts of the storm....and in between, lol. But the trends are pretty auspicious the past 12 hours for something higher end.

BOS is gonna rain for a while, so a bit different for them...but it could be kind of weird in that they pound out 6"+ tonight, and then could go 10"+ monday night/Tuesday morning if things work out.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

For the interior hills, I agree....I def wouldn't actually forecast that right now, but there is some potential this could bust pretty big positively....I wouldn't be shocked if weenie ridge in Princeton or even ORH didn't stop snowing for 40+ hours in this.

But there's still uncertainty in both parts of the storm....and in between, lol. But the trends are pretty auspicious the past 12 hours for something higher end.

BOS is gonna rain for a while, so a bit different for them...but it could be kind of weird in that they pound out 6"+ tonight, and then could go 10"+ monday night/Tuesday morning if things work out.

BOS should rain for a time but kenmore square may not...or maybe BU bridge area

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Talk dirty to me....

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This is Dec '92 Lite..

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Lol...not a worry in the sense that I don't want it...but a worry in that nobody is really talking about it. There is a perception right now that Monday might be pretty fine for travel, when I'm not sure it is going to be at all.

Where would the focus of that be.  Only Sne or up here too?

Good morning all. New to this subforum. I moved to Boston in May from Georgia and live in the Cambridge area. I've only experienced a few storms over 4" in my life. Does the ocean temperatures effect every storm like this? Or is it only early in the season when the water is relatively warm?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vtrap90 said:

Good morning all. New to this subforum. I moved to Boston in May from Georgia and live in the Cambridge area. I've only experienced a few storms over 4" in my life. Does the ocean temperatures effect every storm like this? Or is it only early in the season when the water is relatively warm?

Welcome to the board and to your first NE winter.

The ocean will always have an impact.  Sometimes for the better, more often for the worse, but there's no denying it plays a big role.  For early season systems, the water's relativley warm compared to what you'll have now into March so it can sometimes do more damage.

Just now, vtrap90 said:

Welcome aboard to the snow capital. EMA folk will answer.