Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

40/70 Benchmark

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Nah, I feel like any taint here will be after the bulk falls. All set with best fronto staying south. I'd rather flood the warmth, get the lift and take my chances.

Not a huge deal, though.

I'm interested in the cf for round 2.

If it came north, then fronto is north of you. I feel like you are thinking back to last March, but that was a different beast. 

18 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

No 30" for you. 

Rd I and 2 are north.

Gives me like 6". Don't expect 20", but jesus...

File this under the "rusty coat hanger file''.......best part is now some self-righteous, holier than now weenie will lecture me about how I should cherish the 6" of snow, and rejoice that West Deerscrotum, Maine will be able to open an extra ski lift.

18 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

No 30" for you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Weenie 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Belk has damaging zr  with wording of power outages and 5-11” of snow.  I mean that is :lol:

I don't see that. I'm not sold on big amounts above 8" for you because round 1 won't do it. I do think you'll glaze a tad and pelt monday before back to snow. Whether it's light or heavy remains to be seen. 

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I don't see that. I'm not sold on big amounts above 8" for you because round 1 won't do it. I do think you'll glaze a tad and pelt monday before back to snow. Whether it's light or heavy remains to be seen. 

Yeah that’s been our thinking all along. 8-12” but leaning 8-9” with some ice . The caveat is round 2. That’s how we’d hit the upper echelon 

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah that’s been our thinking all along. 8-12” but leaning 8-9” with some ice . The caveat is round 2. That’s how we’d hit the upper echelon 

Round 1 could easily be a few inches and then pingers. I hate depending on dynamics. I lean conservative with that pike south. Although GFS is good with round 1.

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Those winter weather advisories do not make any sense to me. How do you have near 12" as the end of the range, and damage to trees and power lines from 0.1'"-0.25" of ice.  How is all that only an advisory. Unless it's due to duration and not meeting criteria in 24 hrs.

I’d assume it’s that 24 hour criteria is 8” and that it’s spread out over close to 48 here, but I definitely LOLed at the 4-11” advisory for CT when I checked BOX this morning. 

This is what @WxWatcher007 went with yesterday evening for CT, a little more aggressive than consensus, but I think I like it after seeing the overnight runs. Think we should hit the low end pretty easily and there’s opportunity for the high end depending on how round 2 sets up/how strong round 1 is. Still not convinced the dryslot is as dramatic as advertised, although it’s definitely real to some extent.

5B410D6B-67EF-4D66-BF25-728842B5F099.png

• Like 2