Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

40/70 Benchmark

11 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My point is, look at the RGEM and euro snow output...the heaviest now extends further ne into Maine. That was not the case yesterday. This is becausw the H7 low matures more slowly. However what we need at this point is simply a further east track, rather than a slower capture.

What has happened is that while the system has trended towards a slower maturation, which is good, it has also trended north, which is not. This is why NH  and ME are availing of the slower capture by way of heavier snows and we aren't.

I understand, warned about this a few days ago. My main concern then was too much warm air and eventual dryslot, and watching the ccb snow itself out way west and north. now some h7 maps look close to that.  Basically a hugger for all intents and purposes

13 minutes ago, dendrite said:

We’ve gotten big hits. Both 2011 storms we were in the deform pivots. We got bombed Feb and Mar 01. Maybe 2021 will be our next big year. ;)

They speak in years and we speak in decades. I think they got nailed with the jackpot four times in about one month just a few years ago. Congrats dendrite is a misnomer being perpetuated by the fake news media to our south

Well.. 4"-8" is nothing to shake a stick at for December 1-2. Yes... It kind of is a let down when they had the bigger Snows into most of CT. Could it shift east slightly at the last second? Maybe. But, if that happens, we will only be surprised and excited for that shift. In the end... This is still a great way to get Snoe for the rest of the North East Region. There will be more, and , with this set up...we should have our turn in Southern New England. Im still excited for this one! 

10 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

They speak in years and we speak in decades. I think they got nailed with the jackpot four times in about one month just a few years ago. Congrats dendrite is a misnomer being perpetuated by the fake news media to our south

SE NH has had some biggies of 20+. It’s just cycles. We don’t do too well with the 30” ones though.

Just now, dendrite said:

SE NH has had some biggies of 20+. It’s just cycles. We don’t do too well with the 30” ones though.

Did he move here after 07-08? That was the season where congrats dendrite really started...though it wasn't coastals obviously that year...just a barrage of SWFEs that kept jackpotting there. 

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Still punches the dry slot into our fannies. Maybe it can get the ccb going.

really warm at the surface, raining everywhere except Litchfield county....either the models are missing the colder surface temps or they are picking up on the warm ocean/sound temps being so early in the season

Just now, Spanks45 said:

really warm at the surface, raining everywhere except Litchfield county....either the models are missing the colder surface temps or they are picking up on the warm ocean/sound temps being so early in the season

I don't buy the warmth at the surface... though the 3km NAM typically handles 2m temps the best. 

Just now, CT Rain said:

3km NAM is still very very torchy. 

That cooked us twice up here so far this season with a lot more mixed precip than expected in November.

Be interesting to see what the HRRR-X has.... as unstable as that thing is if those thermals go with the 3km NAM once inside 36 hours its something to take seriously.