• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

40/70 Benchmark

Also agree with Ryan RE: surface temps...:take the under for much of the region that is west of I-95 and north of about a PVD to HVN line. We may actually see temps fall during late Sunday night/predawn monday as the sfc low strengthens off to the southeast. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There will probably be a lot of that the final 6-8 hours. Wouldn't surprise me if weenie flakes linger much of the day Tuesday in eastern areas. But the accumulating stuff is probably ending early Tuesday morning there. 

Yeah, and also I should preface it by saying for SNE. I'm sure Jeff has his eye on Tuesday morning.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Also agree with Ryan RE: surface temps...:take the under for much of the region that is west of I-95 and north of about a PVD to HVN line. We may actually see temps fall during late Sunday night/predawn monday as the sfc low strengthens off to the southeast. 

I mean I can foresee a 12-18 hour of sleet/freezing rain here before we go back to snow. 

Just now, CT Rain said:

I mean I can foresee a 12-18 hour of sleet/freezing rain here before we go back to snow. 

Yeah the ageo component is already like due north by late Sunday night and prob NNW or NW by Monday morning...that's gonna just rapidly drain those 20s right to like HVN if they do creep above freezing for a time before that. So may have to watch for a flash freeze there...further north, HFD area prob never makes it above freezing is my guess. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah the ageo component is already like due north by late Sunday night and prob NNW or NW by Monday morning...that's gonna just rapidly drain those 20s right to like HVN if they do creep above freezing for a time before that. So may have to watch for a flash freeze there...further north, HFD area prob never makes it above freezing is my guess. 

Agreed about HVN. Would prefer a somewhat better high to the north for the best drain to the coast but still that's a cold look... take the under across board back this way.

Nice thump, prolonged mix, mid level magic on back end. Nice H5/H7 low tracks especially for W CT... but probably fun for many. 

• Like 3

Just now, CT Rain said:

Agreed about HVN. Would prefer a somewhat better high to the north for the best drain to the coast but still that's a cold look... take the under across board back this way.

Nice thump, prolonged mix, mid level magic on back end. Nice H5/H7 low tracks especially for W CT... but probably fun for many. 

Yeah the late Monday and Monday night stuff is interesting...the midlevel tracks have been consistently pretty good despite the little qpf maxima shifting around quite a bit. I could see some overperfing fluff bands in that as midlevel soundings get really nice for a while. A lot of it depends on the little vortmaxima pinwheeling around the ULL too. 

Just now, weathafella said:

Ray’s vendor has the most reasonable clowns.

Ukie one looks off over a lot off central and Easter SNE but that is probably not the clown map's fault...More a function of the Ukie torching the lower levels. It frequently seems to do that in coastals. 

I just reviewed euro 700/850/925.  925s stay south of the pike by a decent margin event wide.  700 is fine.  850 comes up to just at the pike and then recedes south.   This can easily be a bigger event than those snow maps say in greater Boston particularly pike region 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

I just reviewed euro 700/850/925.  925s stay south of the pike by a decent margin event wide.  700 is fine.  850 comes up to just at the pike and then recedes south.   This can easily be a bigger event than those snow maps say in greater Boston particularly pike region 

Uh huh. Yup.

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

I’ll take the Crazy Uncles qpf idea here for sure...around 2” is no joke.  Every model seems to have a healthy dose of qpf for this area...we take for sure.  And if it’s mostly frozen like it looks to be currently...I’m great with what I see. 

Hey neighbor...plainville here. Hoping for the same. Up at about 500 ft. Not sure if that will play a role on all snow..or some mixing, but, for Defember first.. I'll take it for sure!