• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

40/70 Benchmark

Watch the WCB portion from like E CT up through SE NH...it actually tries to get some easterly inflow by the time it reaches that point so it is in the beginning stages of transforming into the CCB. There could be some big time enhancement there for a time. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It could be sweet Monday night. I think east of the river slots a little Monday with lighter crap falling. Precip shield should broaden later Monday and Monday night. 6z tucked the low closer to Chatham it looked to near stall at the end of its run. Any areas near BOS and south the flipped to rain should go back to snow then. 

That's about 80% of New England

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Hippy ftw.

Yeah--GC cashes in on that.

I'm still not seeing this "people waking to pounding snow" on Tuesday morning that Kevin's talking about.  Aside from people working 3rd shift, am I missing something?

Just now, weatherwiz said:

It's the stupid POS ridiculous God awful should be wiped from model guidance snow maps which are leading to the stuff like "euro being the outlier" and "the notion of significant differences between the models". 

The upper-level features on the GFS and Euro...and all other guidance suggests a fairly robust storm here...while there are some differences in the surface evolution and what transpires post-WAA regime all models suggest robust activity Monday...obviously where depends on what many have already discussed. 

People are going to drool over the Euro showing 15-25''...call the GFS garbage b/c it only shows 10-15' and then be all upset and call the storm a bust b/c they didn't get 15-25'' and say the GFS "actually scored a win b/c it hit totals right"...when in reality all model guidance did a great job with this...just minor details in smaller-scale features. 

Point being Wiz that the Euro has been lead, solid and consistent with features besides snow maps 

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

It's the stupid POS ridiculous God awful should be wiped from model guidance snow maps which are leading to the stuff like "euro being the outlier" and "the notion of significant differences between the models". 

The upper-level features on the GFS and Euro...and all other guidance suggests a fairly robust storm here...while there are some differences in the surface evolution and what transpires post-WAA regime all models suggest robust activity Monday...obviously where depends on what many have already discussed. 

People are going to drool over the Euro showing 15-25''...call the GFS garbage b/c it only shows 10-15' and then be all upset and call the storm a bust b/c they didn't get 15-25'' and say the GFS "actually scored a win b/c it hit totals right"...when in reality all model guidance did a great job with this...just minor details in smaller-scale features. 

20' or bust

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

If you draw a map with anything less than a foot for I84, I will tie you up with your mouth open and feed you McDonald’s cheeseburgers over and over again....until you gain 10lbs and vomit.

Go big or get fat. 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

GYX not too enthusiastic, except maybe for the far south/SE parts of its CWA.  Even the 10% chance at Farmington is only 3" and the "most likely" is <1".  06z GFS op is a whiff Augusta and points N and W.  Still lots of time for jigs and jogs.
Stake showing 4" and it's high LE and solid, so we're not whining too much here.  Especially since this last event was showing up as a 50° torch-deluge on models several days earlier.

9 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

I dunno. I'd say outside se mass and immediate coast, regionwide 6"+ is likely. I can still see a lot going wrong with temps on the front end and banding on the back end

It’s a complicated setup.... you’re almost relying on two separate mechanisms to produce maximum snow. I’d feel pretty good NW of ORH.. SE is still a questions. 

We are also still like 3 days out 

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Often times it is overdone though.  Think of the numerous rainers we have had this fall where models were pumping 3-4” amounts and few got close to those. 

In winter it can be underdone as well. it’s the lowest scoring parameter. But it’s hard to ignore qpf here based on waa and long duration ull potential. May be more banded in nature but some spots will put up top echelon type amounts.

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

In winter it can be underdone as well. it’s the lowest scoring parameter. But it’s hard to ignore qpf here based on waa and long duration ull potential. May be more banded in nature but some spots will put up top echelon type amounts.

Any snow is good snow but I’m trying to keep expectations in check.  Still early. 

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I feel like the WAA QPF could be over-done (we see that a lot) but that the mid-level magic stuff is under-done.

• Like 1