Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, SnowGoose69 said:

Usually when there’s blocking the tracks change less at day 3-4 but they still change.  This whole evolution is going on early enough I think we might see things tick north in the next 24 hours for a few cycles then go back south again close to today’s ideas.  I’m not sure this can really slide much more south 

True, but look how far its came over the past 2 days. Don't think the NW tick would surprise anyone.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

EPS looks great.

Aren’t the models notorious for redeveloping and occluding too soon/far south in these situations, then they adjust north significantly as you get closer? I remember a few years ago, I forget which year and month it was, but just that scenario happened, it showed a DC, Philly, NYC hit and it ended up crushing New England instead

• Weenie 1

Just now, snowman19 said:

Aren’t the models notorious for redeveloping and occluding too soon/far south in these situations, then they adjust north significantly as you get closer? I remember a few years ago, I forget which year and month it was, but just that scenario happened, it showed a DC, Philly, NYC hit and it ended up crushing New England instead

Jan 15. Completely different setup.

12 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

North of the pike is already grasping for 11th hour north ticks.  Pope’s early call says southward March will continue.  Midstlantic forum starts to wonder.

Soon we will hear some say that this can only go so far south as the south trend continues.

• Haha 2

Kind of a bummer that the ensemble sensitivity site seems to be down (hasn't run since 11/26).

But this storm was day 6 by then so it does offer some insight. Lots of the uncertainty downstream related to the building ridge across AK and the cut off that meanders across the US (currently along the CA coastline).

That relevant patterns were forecast to really blossom today, so this 12z suite was kind of an important run in the model evolution.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

This reminds me of a late season storm a few years ago... i think it ended up crushing ORH NW after a few inches of slop here. Similar outcomes?... maybe starts rain here and transitions 

Too early to say. I think you and I struggle a bit with ptype for awhile regardless. I still favor interior areas into CNE, but the euro op as is would certainly get you into the game. Your longitude may benefit. It's what separates 33-34F struggling snow here and 32F wet snow there. Just being away from the conduction of oceanic heat.

27 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Yes.

30 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

I don't think the blocking was the same in that scenario. NYC still got 10 inches although not the expected 24.

I think the opposite happened 2009 2010 when it was always south.