Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Coastal Storm Dec 1-2

Ralph Wiggum

Just now, Furrawn said:

I am so happy about snow!!! After last year where it seemed like every storm had a weather pattern against us, it’s wonderful to see changes going in a positive direction... I hope this is the beginning of a very snowy winter for all of us! ❄️

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, RedSky said:

If i had to pick a guidance map at this time this is it

I didn't have a 2" snow last winter until March and then just barely, so this is also winning

EPS121.png

I think this solution is off the table table at this point. All of the Mesoscale models and now even the goofus show the CNJ death banding. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. 

You’re right. I do know Though that we might get nothing... after last winter, I’ve been trained to expect the least (no snow at all), but I tend to be naturally optimistic and idealistic... 

10 minutes ago, Blizzard-on-GFS said:

HRDPS goes off on Eastern PA and CNJ. RGEM and NAM in tight agreement. GFS now starting to pick up on this well. I think it's overdone, but I'm thinking 6-10" is quite possible under the area this band sets up. 

image.thumb.png.a96778f88b988c654d5355ff3a18aa24.png

I have no problem at all with that 24” over my house!

• Haha 2

I was in the 34 - 35 temp range much of the day until later this afternoon when the temps started creeping up to 37, which is my current temp (with light drizzle/mist).  Have picked up 0.53" so far today but didn't see any flakes or ip.... at least yet.  Have also been semi-following the wild model gyrations trying to deal with the coastal and where it sets up.  I expect there may be some surprised folks tomorrow if this all verifies.  Even Amazon seemed to realize something was up when when they sent out another delivery truck and I received a couple packages about 30 minutes ago that were due for delivery tomorrow that they went on and delivered today (about 15 minutes after I received today's expected deliveries)! :thumbsup:

• Haha 1