• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Chicago12
    Newest Member
    Chicago12

The Panic Room--Winter 2019-2020

Went to PNC Bank the other day. Had two $50s that I wanted to exchange for one $100 bill. After a rather long wait at the empty teller's counter, the teller appeared and asked if she could help. I stated that I wanted to exchange the two $50s for one $100 bill. She looked at me and said that she would check to see if one is available (I'm not making this up). I then noticed there were no cash drawers - ??? Instead there was this bulky box-like machine. She fed my two $50 bills into the machine; moments later a crisp $100 appeared. Since I don't go to banks often, I thought this was rather neat.

Question - where can I get one of these money machines?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mersky said:

Sorry I didn’t know that. Again, and I said it many times it was nothing personal. I have read a couple posters attacking me for calling him out. It was no personal attack at all. That said I won’t post my thoughts anymore since you must be a old pro on here to be taken seriously. I am a retired met and a friend of mine told me about this place. I have not found it to be as pleasurable place as he explained it to be. Nice chatting with you. You seem like a good guy. Have a Happy New Year 

Yeah, I knew what you meant. The thing about this place (in all the major regional sub forums) is that it takes time to settle in and get a feel for everyone. I think you’ll find this to be a good place if you give it time. We’ve all had to take lumps on the road to fitting in. 

Just now, J.Mike said:

Went to PNC Bank the other day. Had two $50s that I wanted to exchange for one $100 bill. After a rather long wait at the empty teller's counter, the teller appeared and asked if she could help. I stated that I wanted to exchange the two $50s for one $100 bill. She looked at me and said that she would check to see if one is available (I'm not making this up). I then noticed there were no cash drawers - ??? Instead there was this bulky box-like machine. She fed my two $50 bills into the machine; moments later a crisp $100 appeared. Since I don't go to banks often, I thought this was rather neat.

Question - where can I get one of these money machines?

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51aa7025c97f869b743c2

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

It is a pleasurable place. You just don’t come here, new, and tell posters that have been here forever that they are wrong. You simply state your thoughts and move on. There’s a different way to express your thoughts than the method you chose.

Dammit, why does this drama happen when I am not around to poke the bear. Someone text me next time 

3 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Has @ravensrule mailed it in yet for this season?  Because if the Reaper ever ends up taking his soul, he'll have to make a tombstone with a d*ck joke engraved on it, of course!  Would that require a separate, "rated R" (or worse!), location for that stone?? :lol: 

I'm too busy doing X rated things after watching the Ravens games. 

• Haha 1

On 12/29/2019 at 8:42 PM, Mersky said:

Where did I say he was wrong??? My ONLY objection was him saying we are toast on December 29th. I am 68 years old. Besides forecasting weather I have lived through more winters then I want to admit. What I found out about Mother Nature is when you think you have her figured out she surprises you.  Best way to have egg on your face is to make definite statements when it comes to weather. Sorry if you found that objectionable I meant no disrespect to Mr Hoffman.   

Now it is December 31st, and we are probably toast.  See PSU bomb in main thread.

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Welp, with that PSU post all but raising the alarm that this winter could be lost, I’m going to have to abandon the @showmethesnow Protocol and begin weenie sacrifices to the Snow Gods to being this one back. 

I hate to do it, but this is the only way to get snow. Get the popcorn ready again, @WinterWxLuvr

The first weenie will be brought to the altar at midnight.

WS41325-14__32832.1555003863.jpg?c=2&imb

1 hour ago, cbmclean said:

Now it is December 31st, and we are probably toast.  See PSU bomb in main thread.

I saw it. Hasn’t changed my thinking one bit. I agree with what Mr Sutherland posted earlier today. 

4 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Welp, with that PSU post all but raising the alarm that this winter could be lost, I’m going to have to abandon the @showmethesnow Protocol and begin weenie sacrifices to the Snow Gods to being this one back. 

I hate to do it, but this is the only way to get snow. Get the popcorn ready again, @WinterWxLuvr

The first weenie will be brought to the altar at midnight.

WS41325-14__32832.1555003863.jpg?c=2&imb

You know I am always in till the bitter end so you better not put me on that list again. I have lawyers, good lawyers, the best Money can buy.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.Gof72Sdl6SNbSK6PICaHSwHaEK%26pid%3DApi&f=1

• Haha 3

It’s gonna be party like it’s “1999” in here around New Years Eve.

Good call!

Just a few questions-

1) Does booking before the end of the year get you a better room?

2) What's the policy for non-residents?

3) Do you franchise and, if so, what are the requirements? I'd like to start a franchise for the TN Valley. I think initial business would be extremely good. I'll provide a business plan and projections, if necessary.

4) The rumor is that souls harvested before the New Year fetch a premium price and progressively become less valuable as time progresses from there (I've heard that March souls only partially cover overhead). Is that true and, if so, wouldn't a New Year’s Eve Gala be a smart idea to lure in souls that were "on the fence" - whether declared or not?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A1EB2315-87D9-4479-AC76-F65B4DCEDACC.jpe

Office of the Mid-Atlantic Reaper
1423 Panic Lane
Darkness, USA 

Dear @mempho:

Thank you for your inquiry into The Panic Room. Since 2015, The Panic Room has served as a place of retreat and eternal comfort for winter weenies that are left despondent over the malicious actions of winter. Since our founding, we have expanded to a number of other subforums, including New England and the Southeast. 

Due to extreme demand, it is better to reserve a room at The Panic Room as soon as possible. As weenie burials increase during the latter half of winter, we will likely see more rooms open. Please keep in mind that those rooms will have occasional moments where the ghost of the prior occupant return. 

Our policy is fairly simple for non-residents. To maintain a reservation out of your coverage area, you must provide additional value to the establishment. This can be done with funny poems, weenie donations, and assistance with grave digging. 

Finally, we are excited that you are interested in franchising. Those requirements are simple as well. You are free to make your Panic Room fit the culture of your region, as long as the overall objective is to provide levity during the darkness of winter. Half of all royalties must be sent to our main office annually. We accept cash, debit, and credit card payment, or the delivery of blank tombstones in times of need after catastrophic misses. 

Thank you again for your interest in us. Please contact me if you need any additional information. I can be reached at 1-800-REAPME2. Press 3 for sales. 

Take care, 

WxWatcher007
Mid-Atlantic Reaper and Lord High Executioner

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Don’t give him my room.  I reserved that under the DOOMGLOOM promo code

I thought of sacrificing you tonight to the Snow Gods but you’ve been great for business. 

35 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

A1EB2315-87D9-4479-AC76-F65B4DCEDACC.jpe

Office of the Mid-Atlantic Reaper
1423 Panic Lane
Darkness, USA 

Dear @mempho:

Thank you for your inquiry into The Panic Room. Since 2015, The Panic Room has served as a place of retreat and eternal comfort for winter weenies that are left despondent over the malicious actions of winter. Since our founding, we have expanded to a number of other subforums, including New England and the Southeast. 

Due to extreme demand, it is better to reserve a room at The Panic Room as soon as possible. As weenie burials increase during the latter half of winter, we will likely see more rooms open. Please keep in mind that those rooms will have occasional moments where the ghost of the prior occupant return. 

Our policy is fairly simple for non-residents. To maintain a reservation out of your coverage area, you must provide additional value to the establishment. This can be done with funny poems, weenie donations, and assistance with grave digging. 

Finally, we are excited that you are interested in franchising. Those requirements are simple as well. You are free to make your Panic Room fit the culture of your region, as long as the overall objective is to provide levity during the darkness of winter. Half of all royalties must be sent to our main office annually. We accept cash, debit, and credit card payment, or the delivery of blank tombstones in times of need after catastrophic misses. 

Thank you again for your interest in us. Please contact me if you need any additional information. I can be reached at 1-800-REAPME2. Press 3 for sales. 

Take care, 

WxWatcher007
Mid-Atlantic Reaper and Lord High Executioner

Dear @WxWatcher007,

Thank you for your quick and- dare I say, courteous reply.  I believe that you have gotten a bad rap all these years from those who supposedly work on the side of "the light."  We both know that "the light" is bad for snow anyway and darkness is good, so "they" mock their own followers by stating that they work for "the light."  They try to hold out hope as long as possible for slushy March patio "table toppers" while trying to excuse away the futility of such events by stating that the "sun angle" does not really matter.  In my book (more on that later), I once held out hope for a big snow all winter and finally got my "reward" via a 6 inch event in March- which virtually all melted the very next day.  I was left with so much despair that I would have been better off had the event never happened.  Nevertheless, let me return to business...

I have received your prospectus and- while the 50% fee is a heavy cut- the ROI is still amazing and I'm also most excited that franchisees get the time to live it up during the summers (aside from the annual conference).  In short, the whole opportunity is amazing and I am eager to make short work of the start-up process and get some souls harvested.

As a token of my appreciation, I am enclosing 100 copies of my book detailing my own personal transformation.  You may use them in any way that you see fit- whether for your own personal consumption, in your resort's reading area/library, or to use in proselytizing the masses.  I am not an author by profession, so this is likely my literary magnum opus.  While my literary style is not on par with the great authors, I believe it is the message that gives it power.  

3kv9ei.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You know full well that you’ve quit on winter too. Everyone has at some time. You and others just call it “not caring”. You quietly say oh well, throw up your hands, and withdraw away from the board to wait for spring. 

1 minute ago, mempho said:

Dear @WxWatcher007,

Thank you for your quick and- dare I say, courteous reply.  I believe that you have gotten a bad rap all these years from those who supposedly work on the side of "the light."  We both know that "the light" is bad for snow anyway and darkness is good, so "they" mock their own followers by stating that they work for "the light."  They try to hold out hope as long as possible for slushy March patio "table toppers" while trying to excuse away the futility of such events by stating that the "sun angle" does not really matter.  In my book (more on that later), I once held out hope for a big snow all winter and finally got my "reward" via a 6 inch event in March- which virtually all melted the very next day.  I was left with so much despair that I would have been better off had the event never happened.  Nevertheless, let me return to business...

I have received your prospectus and- while the 50% fee is a heavy cut- the ROI is still amazing and I'm also most excited that franchisees get the time to live it up during the summers (aside from the annual conference).  In short, the whole opportunity is amazing and I am eager to make short work of the start-up process and get some souls harvested.

As a token of my appreciation, I am enclosing 100 copies of my book detailing my own personal transformation.  You may use them in any way that you see fit- whether for your own personal consumption, in your resort's reading area/library, or to use in proselytizing the masses.  I am not an author by profession, so this is likely my literary magnum opus.  While my literary style is not on par with the great authors, I believe it is the message that gives it power.  

3kv9ei.jpg

Welcome to the family. 

:clap:

I have not given up hope on winter in the Mid Atlantic.

The frigid cold and deep snow are coming soon, and the Reaper and his followers shall freeze in place.

The frigid cold and deep snow are coming soon, and the Reaper and his followers shall freeze in place.
You've spent too much time in stratospheric warming threads.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

O come, all ye weenies
Broken and despondent
O come ye, O come ye to Panic

Come and behold it
Sing thy lamentations 
O come let us abandon
O come let us abandon
O come let us abandon

Winter's despair

My flock. The time is almost upon us. We must sacrifice one of our own to the triumvirate of Snow Gods. In this winter of devastation and catastrophe, our only hope is that the winter weenie souls of the fallen will be accepted as a true and faithful offering to thy masters--the NAM, the GFS, and the Infallible Euro. 

Tonight we must begin this heavy ritual with joy in our hearts, for we know the sacrifices of our brothers and sisters in weenieism will eventually bring us snow.  

Therefore let us rejoice. An end is coming. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611d861ac352f03d07df9

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jebman said:

@Jebman you are the Ying to the @WxWatcher007 Yang.  The eternal optimist to the eternal pessimist, the half full to the half empty.  I think you need to start up a thread counter to the panic room.  A thread where everyone can post nothing but optimism about winter, about how many feet are going to fall, how we need grease up the snow shovels, gas up the snow blowers, and cancel schools from Fredericksburg, Va to Fredrick, MD.  Where one can check into the nicest of optimistic, self delusional suites of snow, glorious snow.  Where the weather channel is always in storm mode, where Cantore is checked in to the room next to yours, and where you can always find some computer model that buries us in three feet of snow (the 0z run of the Venezuelan is money BTW).

What say you @Jebman!?

@WxWatcher007 please book me a suite in the panic room starting Jan 20.  Something with a view of the valley of winter’s death or of the plains of broken weenie dreams.  Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, GATECH said:

please book me a suite in the panic room starting Jan 20.  Something with a view of the valley of winter’s death or of the plains of broken weenie dreams.  Thanks!

I’m a bit busy preparing for the weenie sacrifice but I’ll pencil you in. 

still-life-of-skeleton-writing-in-large-

• Like 1

I still stand defiantly against The Reaper. I will not be sacrificed no matter how awful the extended looks. Besides, golf rates are cheap this time of year. If you can’t shovel, Just golf. 

14 minutes ago, Mersky said:

I still stand defiantly against The Reaper. I will not be sacrificed no matter how awful the extended looks. Besides, golf rates are cheap this time of year. If you can’t shovel, Just golf. 

You’re safe...today...

But I’m happy to announce that a weenie has been procured. 

Let the procession form

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a7cca4688a71826cbba

Let the bonfire begin

giphy.gif

• Like 3