• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jason pottar
    Newest Member
    jason pottar

The Panic Room--Winter 2019-2020

7 hours ago, Zanclidae said:

So when the 1/5000 yr event strikes mid March with 930mB and 100 knot gusts and buries cities from Knoxville to Boston under several meters of snow, are all the dead going to rise like zombies? :D

Because this forum continues to exhibit a healthy attitude, with no animosity and a refreshing sense of humor 007’s Boss will grant the East Coast a BECS. All sacrifices will be declared null and void. As always.....

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Burials everywhere. It’s unreal.

how many have you laid to rest in New England?

On 2/1/2020 at 10:02 PM, rclab said:

Because this forum continues to exhibit a healthy attitude, with no animosity and a refreshing sense of humor 007’s Boss will grant the East Coast a BECS. All sacrifices will be declared null and void. As always.....

Ding ding ding........we have a heavy winnah!

You may not think this is gonna happen, but before this low sun season is concluded, Mid Atlantic is gonna get shellacked BIG TIME with snow!

7 hours ago, Jebman said:

Ding ding ding........we have a heavy winnah!

You may not think this is gonna happen, but before this low sun season is concluded, Mid Atlantic is gonna get shellacked BIG TIME with snow!

I keep thinking this but it's gonna take a LOT to save this winter.

A 1993 event with less mixing and wind comparable to 3/2/18, oh yes!  Wind probably but less mixing is a pipe dream these days.  Eventually it will catch up with us and we'll have a record year for severe over the summer and 100"+ for the winter from Richmond to NYC and beyond. There's an old saying, you can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which fills up first. ;)

23 hours ago, mappy said:

how many have you laid to rest in New England?

21 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Unmarked graves...too many to count...euro stinks again...prayers needed...

What is amazing is still having burials, ground not even frozen!!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

its-over-johnny.jpg

It is over. Time for Noahs flood part two over the next couple of weeks. As I sit here in 33 and rain. I am jumping:

Image result for jump gif

Thank you for your call. We will get to you in the order the call was received. With the 975mb low that is poised to bring rain to most of the northeast, I am out of region conducting a Leap and Reap. 

3000.jpeg

• Haha 7

8 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Thank you for your call. We will get to you in the order the call was received. With the 975mb low that is poised to bring rain to most of the northeast, I am out of region conducting a Leap and Reap. 

The hoards can not be denied.

Lemming GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

The hoards can not be denied.

Lemming GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

This is an oldie but goodie lol.

Deep snow and Vodka cold are on the way for the Washington Metropolitan Region, this low sun season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jebman said:

This is an oldie but goodie lol.

Deep snow and Vodka cold are on the way for the Washington Metropolitan Region, this low sun season.

Cold vodka is good even in high sun season!  Perhaps even more refreshing.  Especially as part of a nice martini!! 

19 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

3000.jpeg

I didn't think the Reaper went out much during the daytime.  Quick road trip, there??

On 2/5/2020 at 3:14 PM, NorthArlington101 said:

Not intending to jump because I haven't been emotionally invested in this winter, but I'm ready for spring. Not rooting for cold at this point.

That’s good because there really isn’t any cold in sight outside of a few rogue model runs.  This may end up being one of the worst winters we have ever had.  It’s been a pure disaster since Thanksgiving.  I’m ready for it to end just to be out of my misery.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@WxWatcher007 I hereby sacrifice myself to the Reaper.  I had 4 days under a winter storm warning, 36 inches of snow and immense fun in the sierras near Yosemite over Thanksgiving.  The best 96hrs of winter I have experienced since 2010 around here!  Hopefully my sacrifice will maybe assuage the snow gods to throw us a bone, but I don’t care.  I feel liberated and whenever I think I need a snow fix, I’ll just look at pictures from Thanksgiving.

E3DF76CC-9E35-445C-8577-38902636D2CA.jpeg

2FEE1FD2-BA65-48B7-84FC-10CDC255AA73.jpeg

5D61B884-32CF-49B1-AC8F-F6DDEBB422C1.jpeg

• Like 5

@wxwatcher007 - I'm in a huge bind here that I don't think is covered in the Franchise Operations Manual and- if you looked at a national map you'd see the problem.

It's actually snowing outside (and no, it was a surprise)- what to do?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mempho said:

@wxwatcher007 - I'm in a huge bind here that I don't think is covered in the Franchise Operations Manual and- if you looked at a national map you'd see the problem.

It's actually snowing outside (and no, it was a surprise)- what to do?

Congratulations!

Part IV, Section 28 is where you need to look. In the event of snowfall, congratulate your potential client. On the next day, ask when it will snow again. The tracking will begin again and despair won’t be too far behind. 

Never fails. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Congratulations!
Part IV, Section 28 is where you need to look. In the event of snowfall, congratulate your potential client. On the next day, ask when it will snow again. The tracking will begin again and despair won’t be too far behind. 
Never fails. 
Ahhhh-- there it is! You have clearly thought of everything!