• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    maley.chris78@gmail.com
    Newest Member
    [email protected]

The Panic Room--Winter 2019-2020

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It’s all coming apart folks...all coming apart...

I meant to post this yesterday to help get a few to jump...45° deform in late January.  :devilsmiley:

D6148635-65E1-416D-B5AB-2D816DD63B60.png

11 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It’s all coming apart folks...all coming apart...

Soon  

image.png.7ca197e155bc1e27e9062f22dd025379.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Lol- yea, and i was so confident in it that I said it would be at least Wed before we know if we stand a chance. That was the only error in my post because it only took until Monday night to rule it out. I'm not even looking at ens run for more than 2 minutes now. It's not even worth that much time.

Maybe mid Feb gets better. I'm ready for spring, fishing, and camping now. I'm done with this year unless something believable gets inside of 5 days.

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

I just hope we don't have a crazy AN spring tempwise.  I hate when it's 90 with a dewpoint of 70+ in early to mid May.  We get enough of that over summer.  Gimme a few months of 60s/70s before the sauna begins.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Man, I hate to cut this Reaper Retreat short, but it sounds like I’m needed here. I was really enjoying the tea.

nZNjJYW.jpg

Is that an iced tea of the Long Island variety?  Should try a mint julep out there on the porch, while complaining that your sore knee means a storm's a-comin'!  But it's good you are wearing a hat with that sun angle.  Might want to try sunscreen, too, just in case.  Oh, wait a minute, does that even matter...!

37 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Is that an iced tea of the Long Island variety?  Should try a mint julep out there on the porch, while complaining that your sore knee means a storm's a-comin'!  But it's good you are wearing a hat with that sun angle.  Might want to try sunscreen, too, just in case.  Oh, wait a minute, does that even matter...!

Bone burn is a real problem in my community. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Get those sand bags ready. Looks like were headed into a heavy rain pattern. Better then sunny and 50 every day I guess.

Nah. Give me boring sun and 50 over cold, driving rain, especially at this point. It’s not like we’re in November and rooting for a train of coastals to signal events to come in the colder months. We’ll be in February soon - it’s getting a little late.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Nah. Give me boring sun and 50 over cold, driving rain, especially at this point. It’s not like we’re in November and rooting for a train of coastals to signal events to come in the colder months. We’ll be in February soon - it’s getting a little late.

I get it. I just like bad weather lol

• Haha 1

I believe the long range storm because all of our worst winters have the big "f*ck you" coastal rainstorm to close it out: February 1998, March 2001, January 2017, etc. They're always just a few degrees too warm and give you some non-accumulating pity flakes at the end.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mattie g said:

Even better give me 60 and sun if I can’t have below freezing temps WITH snow, either in the ground or falling. Don’t want the wind ever though.

On 1/22/2020 at 9:12 AM, WxWatcher007 said:

Filling up fast

I bet the wait-list is getting long.  The weenies are getting restless that they might not get a spot in time for this winter.  Might have to start bumping people, like the airlines!  Or insist on reservations 3 months in advance!  Or set up a "Frequent Jumpers" program!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

I bet the wait-list is getting long.  The weenies are getting restless that they might not get a spot in time for this winter.  Might have to start bumping people, like the airlines!  Or insist on reservations 3 months in advance!  Or set up a "Frequent Jumpers" program!!!

Frequent Jumpers is an excellent idea.

• Like 1

Let this be my mantra that I will never give up on winter even into April.  From a guy who would have been a Great American! 
" We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."

1 hour ago, Poodleusier said:

Let this be my mantra that I will never give up on winter even into April.  From a guy who would have been a Great American! 
" We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."

His mother was American.

• Like 1

We are now getting to the point where the end of the ensembles are getting us to the point where sun angle makes any snow wet and pointless anyway.   Anything after like February 20th is vaporized by 10 am the next day unless we have ridiculous cold like 2014.  Time to punt this snow season folks!  

• Like 2