• Member Statistics

    15,752
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    SnowIsMyName
    Newest Member
    SnowIsMyName
    Joined
WxWatcher007

The Panic Room--Winter 2019-2020

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Vice-Regent said:

She now lives in my basement. I shit you not.

I'm calling MPS: Mom Protective Services

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Stock futures for the Panic Room LLC are soaring. Probably a good time to invest pre-opening bell if possible. You could be dancing in a few days:

 

giphy.gif

Looks like the new dance floor the Reaper promised.  Sure looks to be hoppin'!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we do that every winter, dummy.  Ever since I've been on the board LR is looked at

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weenie Sacrifice
JI
RevWarReenactor
Vice-Regent

Dearly Departed
Eskimo Joe
JakkelWx
PrinceFrederickWx
Buddy1987
RedSky

Watch List
BristowWx
Rhino16
EastCoastNPZ
GATECH
Stormpc
Cbmclean
Jaydreb

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RedSky said:

It's over i'm out

 

 

 

braveheart.jpg

You should at least shout out "FREEEEDOOOOMMMMMM!!" as the Reaper takes your soul!  Then go out and win the Battle of Bannockburn years later, as Robert the Bruce!

(Great movie, by the way, despite some of the historical inaccuracies!)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From isotherm today. 

if I had to alter anything versus my initial February depiction, if anything, February might be slightly less favorable than I thought in November.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

From isotherm today. 

if I had to alter anything versus my initial February depiction, if anything, February might be slightly less favorable than I thought in November.

 

lol dude, that’s pretty good for the panic room

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

lol dude, that’s pretty good for the panic room

Not saying I’m there yet. Besides I never give up. There is always hope. 1942 had no snow at all then a 30” snowstorm in late March. 

But if you read between the lines he is implying we’re totally screwed.  If you look at look of his h5 analog  package from his post today...I know that look. It’s the one I posted a couple weeks ago when I saw the January pattern setting in. It’s the “dumpster fire” winter years. On top of that his forecast for DC snow wasn’t much in February to begin with. He just said we might get “some” snow in February. Not snowy but not as bad as Jan was what he implied in November. And he is saying it might not be “that good” now. Lol 

Also...I think northeast forecasters sometimes don’t know how bad our climo is. They often throw us a bone with “some snow” in a pattern that is very unfavorable here compared to NYC.  I know over the years some northeast forecasters have said things like “well things flip and get better like March 92”. And I’ll think yea but we didn’t get any snow from that...that only got better NYC north. Lol.  That’s just a specific example I remember. That wasn’t Isotherm, can’t remember who...but same point. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Not saying I’m there yet. Besides I never give up. There is always hope. 1942 had no snow at all then a 30” snowstorm in late March. 

But if you read between the lines he is implying we’re totally screwed.  If you look at look of his h5 analog  package from his post today...I know that look. It’s the one I posted a couple weeks ago when I saw the January pattern setting in. It’s the “dumpster fire” winter years. On top of that his forecast for DC snow wasn’t much in February to begin with. He just said we might get “some” snow in February. Not snowy but not as bad as Jan was what he implied in November. And he is saying it might not be “that good” now. Lol 

Also...I think northeast forecasters sometimes don’t know how bad our climo is. They often throw us a bone with “some snow” in a pattern that is very unfavorable here compared to NYC.  I know over the years some northeast forecasters have said things like “well things flip and get better like March 92”. And I’ll think yea but we didn’t get any snow from that...that only got better NYC north. Lol.  That’s just a specific example I remember. That wasn’t Isotherm, can’t remember who...but same point. 

It is kind of unreal how everything went to crap after fantastic looks. Never seem to have an issue with a modeled horrid period verifying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It is kind of unreal how everything went to crap after fantastic looks. Never seem to have an issue with a modeled horrid period verifying.

The guidance severely miscalculated the North Atlantic. That vortex phasing into the TPV and pulling up to Baffin set off a chain reaction of suck. It was just one feature but a major one that impacted everything else negatively.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It is kind of unreal how everything went to crap after fantastic looks. Never seem to have an issue with a modeled horrid period verifying.

Hold on a minute here!  Did the Reaper just put himself on the watch list with this comment?  Say it ain't so! :lol: (and is that even possible?!) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Hold on a minute here!  Did the Reaper just put himself on the watch list with this comment?  Say it ain't so! :lol: (and is that even possible?!) 

I’m the source of all despair!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This pattern is bloody awful.  But then again, January 1983 was quite bad too.

And look what happened in the second week of Feb!  Easily in the top five storms for us anyway.

Otherwise, yeah it's getting pretty bad...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

The guidance severely miscalculated the North Atlantic. That vortex phasing into the TPV and pulling up to Baffin set off a chain reaction of suck. It was just one feature but a major one that impacted everything else negatively.  

Hopefully the day10 maps are another miscalculation cause it looks pretty ugly.

G97Kqda.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rest of January is officially over. We will go a whole winter month without seeing any snow over an inch IMBY. Epic disaster, worse than last winter

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.