• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    maley.chris78@gmail.com
    Newest Member
    [email protected]

The Panic Room--Winter 2019-2020

i used to do that lol...always ended up near Erie PA, elimira NY  or Binghampton NY. Never struck out...even when modeling wasnt that good

6 hours ago, mappy said:

This is incredible impressive. Did you have to look up Shakespeare quotes? 

I can quote some Gilbert and Sullivan for you...but will refrain (and I'm not an audacious tar!  Now that was a very indirect quote there, sorry!)!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mappy said:

you ruin most things yoda. 

I never got into GoT to be honest.  Just wasn't really my cup of tea.  Yes, I am big in to LoTR and other shows/books that have fantastical characters and creatures (elves/dwarves/trolls and the such).  

I love Shakespeare... read it a bunch in high school and in college classes.  And our teacher/professors would make us read it as if we actually playing the part or in ye old English.  Macbeth, Hamlet, Julius Caesar, King Lear, and so on.  Only a few plays by Shakespeare do I dislike.  

• Like 1

Starting to get that “oh well” feeling to this winter.  Funny people let themselves get sucked in by that trash event this Saturday.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RevWarReenactor said:

We are on track for the worst 4 year stretch in the history of record keeping for DC.

Even PSU can't deny that one. DC has basically had one legit snowstorm in 4 years.

It more like we've had 2 storms since 2013-14. 2016 was cool but not the best HECS I've seen. That winter was a joke besides the 3 days of winter we had. Winter definitely is not what it use to be. This winter is definitely following the trend. The worse winters are full of pattern chasing. When you see that you know it sucks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DCTeacherman said:

Starting to get that “oh well” feeling to this winter.  Funny people let themselves get sucked in by that trash event this Saturday.  

If we get any type of wintry precip on Saturday it will be a plus in my book.  That’s what the past few years of crappy winters will do. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, RevWarReenactor said:

We are on track for the worst 4 year stretch in the history of record keeping for DC.

Even PSU can't deny that one. DC has basically had one legit snowstorm in 4 years.

Sure but also we had a 10+ inch event last January in metro DC which was awesome. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevWarReenactor said:

DCA is not an accurate representation of the region's snowfall as it's in a bad location near the river and is increasingly affected by UHI, etc. I live almost 90 mins south and east of DCA and have exceeded that airport in snowfall nearly every year since I've moved here. It's why I generally use BWI as a guide for the region- not that it's perfect either, but the location is better.

2 hours ago, RevWarReenactor said:

What do you consider a “legit” snowstorm?

37 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

i thiink the 10-12 we got at this time last year was legit...even though it was broken into 2 pieces and it felt like it was going to bust!

45 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

6 inches+ is legit. Winter storm Warning and all the rest.

Doesn't even have to stick around long.

The only exception to the above would be a March meltathon. No street stickage, bad sun angle, and maybe we had 6 inches on one part of the grass for about 10 minutes and then it stopped snowing and we had 2 inches. (we've done a lot of these)