• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
11/24 storm obs

Damage In Tolland

3.1" of slop from the great coulda, woulda, shoulda storm of November 2019. 1.5" on the front end overnight last night than a bunch of freezing rain and rain then back to another 1.6" of snow on the backside. Over an inch of liquid from this, so a little colder in the 800-900 mb layer and boom this would've been a solid foot of snow here. 

5" depth on the ground. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Nice little drive west of Concord NH this eve 

pounding fatties above 500’ in Henniker and also on way home it was beautiful between Bennington and Greenfield (45 min wnw of Nashua) winter wonderland above 800’ then when I got five miles east Poof even at same elevation 

Nice. My family had a trailer at a campground in Henniker for years...only Henniker on Earth!

• Like 1

3” of heavy wet snow. I’m sure it was compacting as it fell. Brought the snowblower out as I figured this would be a good test after the pre-season work I had done to it. Passed with flying colors. People here would be enraged if they saw all that I clear. Paths in the back yard for the dog, all of the driveway, plus an extra parking spot, a path to the oil filler pipe and most of the front yard so I can pull my snowmobile trailer in instead of backing it up. 75% of the front yard is cleared. 

• Like 1

Took long enough yesterday but when we finally flipped back to all snow a little before 3 it was worth the wait. Ended up with 4” but most of it after lifts closed, today should be nice for the lucky folks that don’t have to go to work, sadly I’m not one of them so I got to spend 3:45 on 93 getting back to Boston instead, Plymouth to Tilton in the heart of that band was 15 mph and cars in the ditch all over the place.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Nice event in NNE.  

Maybe in NNNE  :lol:
Had 1.36" precip and 1.5" of stuff.  Light snow 10-noon dropped 1/2" but changed to IP/ZR/RA continuing thru 6 P.  An hour of fatties brought another inch, followed by moderate rain thru 9 PM, 1.28" total by then, another 0.08" after.  The 6-7 snowburst dropped about 1.5" in Farmington, and the road into town from church was freshly plowed outbound but full of shush heading to town center.  With traffic oncoming I had little choice but to challenge the slop, and even at under 15 mph I lost steering for a bit due to "slushoplaning", though the front tires regained contact with something solid before trouble occurred

The 7 days 18-24 includedd 5 with max of 33 (including yesterday) and one 34.  Those 6 days featured 2.02" precip and 1.6" snowfall.  Hope that's just a preseason thing and not an augury for the rest of the snow season.  On the positive side, yesterday's mess brought November's total to nearly an inch above my average.

Nice storm yesterday in my region.  Neighbor weather spotter for Gray 2.49" liquid.    Storm started as brief snow then sleet to freezing rain to rain.  Little accum on front end.  Then just heavy rain with occ. catpaws most of the day.  Late afternoon within minutes a switch to moderate to heavy snow.  It accumulated fast and then quickly turned back to rain to create slop.  About 1.5" at my elevation and 1" at Newfound Lake.  A few hundred feet above me over 4" fell.  Brian around 20 miles south didn't have any accumulations I don't think.

2 pictures, my house from the drone this AM and my neighbor higher up on the ridgeline with over 4".  Trees took a bit of a hit up there, lucky is stopped when it did.

g.jpg

heavy wet.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1