• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

I typically have these two weeks around Christmas and New Year off of work and look forward to the potential of a good wintry event (and having the luxury of cleaning it up at my leisure). Oh well, at least there's a chance my wind fetish is satisfied with that storm next week. Could do without another heavy rain. I have a general 1-2 inches of snow left over most of the yard so can enjoy a mostly white Christmas. I hope everyone enjoys the holidays with family and friends.

30 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Do you actually think anyone posting on this board is in such a state of despair, and aggression  (meltdown style) over weather in a way that that warrants a slap back to reality, ie, a trip to a children’s hospital where there are truly people suffering , and in some cases may be in life ending situations? 
…Do you think Ray is thinking right now that his life is over because he is not getting a white Christmas? I can see him now, “Honey, .it’s great that we have a new child and all, but f*ck it all, there’s no snow this year for Christmas so I am going to head down to the basement until sometime in January when the situation changes.”  Do you think Scott is really thinking about taking that ride to the Tobin Bridge and swan diving into the cold waters below because we missed out on a blizzard that was depicted 10 days ago? Are Kevin, Will, Steve, and myself holding  the scalpel over our wrists as we sit and watch the next putrid run of the Euro?

People here are passionate  about weather (currently, winter weather), but I guarantee that 100% of the people who get bummed out about a few warm, non-snowy days in winter, and especially at Christmas time get off of this forum and move on with their day as planned.  The back and forth banter over weather is just part of the passion.  People get worked up a bit, but again, in every case they move on with their routine.  No foul, no loss, no pain.     

He's new, post your snowblower epic from a few years ago to give him some perspective.

37 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Do you actually think anyone posting on this board is in such a state of despair, and aggression  (meltdown style) over weather in a way that that warrants a slap back to reality, ie, a trip to a children’s hospital where there are truly people suffering , and in some cases may be in life ending situations? 
…Do you think Ray is thinking right now that his life is over because he is not getting a white Christmas? I can see him now, “Honey, .it’s great that we have a new child and all, but f*ck it all, there’s no snow this year for Christmas so I am going to head down to the basement until sometime in January when the situation changes.”  Do you think Scott is really thinking about taking that ride to the Tobin Bridge and swan diving into the cold waters below because we missed out on a blizzard that was depicted 10 days ago? Are Kevin, Will, Steve, and myself holding  the scalpel over our wrists as we sit and watch the next putrid run of the Euro?

People here are passionate  about weather (currently, winter weather), but I guarantee that 100% of the people who get bummed out about a few warm, non-snowy days in winter, and especially at Christmas time get off of this forum and move on with their day as planned.  The back and forth banter over weather is just part of the passion.  People get worked up a bit, but again, in every case they move on with their routine.  No foul, no loss, no pain.     

So good....so fukking spot on!   But I wonder if tip tied himself to the exhaust pipe come to think of it.....

• Haha 1

You can see much better ridge placement on the 12z vs previous runs. The western shortwave is slightly weaker and rotates further southwest instead of getting sucked into the flow allowing more pieces from the north to funnel down. Looks like a very interesting run ahead. I can’t post images for some reason. At HR168 you can see the PJ halted for a sec there stopping those building heights.  At HR 180 you can see that SW about 150 miles west mitigating the flow. Gfs wobbling back and forth on where to put that SW. by keeping the SW further west we allow for a better polar connection as evident on 12 z starting at 168 compared to previous runs. On top of that the whole evolution of what happens after day 7 is skewed. The 6z will use that SW to build the next storm while the 12z will extrapolate a whole different solution.  I would rather have that SW hold back a bit tbh, HR 192 that SW about 250 miles east of 12z by Texas while it was in the eastern pacific on 6z. From 168-198 u can see 12z just dropping in northern wave short wave troughs

You can see much better ridge placement on the 12z vs previous runs. The western shortwave is slightly weaker and rotates further southwest instead of getting sucked into the flow allowing more pieces from the north to funnel down. Looks like a very interesting run ahead. I can’t post images for some reason. At HR168 you can see the PJ halted for a sec there stopping those building heights.  At HR 180 you can see that SW about 150 miles west mitigating the flow. Gfs wobbling back and forth on where to put that SW. by keeping the SW further west we allow for a better polar connection as evident on 12 z starting at 168 compared to previous runs. On top of that the whole evolution of what happens after day 7 is skewed. The 6z will use that SW to build the next storm while the 12z will extrapolate a whole different solution.  I would rather have that SW hold back a bit tbh, HR 192 that SW about 250 miles east of 12z by Texas while it was in the eastern pacific on 6z. From 168-198 u can see 12z just dropping in northern wave short wave troughs. At 216 classic look nice ridge out west. Trough digging. SW not joining the flow.  :) He 228 ridge into the Rockies and trough keeps digging. Not gonna make it this run, but a good look to start

7 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

My son’s girlfriend just took a digger in our driveway.    She did manage to not spill her Dunks though.   True New Englander

i did the same thing Sat night after the patriots game. driveway was very icy, but i suspect the multitude of beers that i drank had something to do with it.