Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

10 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I agree but some can't avoid having a meltdown over something they have no control over.  They need to spend time at a children's hospital during the holidays to gain perspective. 

It's a weather forum. Geez if you really think anyone this morning really let's snow effect them. I think you don't have a grasp on sarcasm 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Minenfeld! said:

I suppose I'm a minority, but I enjoy cold and dry weather as well. Last year was infinitely preferable compared to an 11-12 disaster.

Ice skaters have been toiling around all morning on our local kettle pond. The melt and refreeze made for perfect conditions it appears.  Would love cold and dry until the next snow but looks like a major cutter . Folks on the elevated west side of New England have a good shot of backside CCB snow. The jury is still out on whether this can bomb out earlier giving NNE a good snowstorm

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Ice skaters have been toiling around all morning on our local kettle pond. The melt and refreeze made for perfect conditions it appears.  Would love cold and dry until the next snow but looks like a major cutter . Folks on the elevated west side of New England have a good shot of backside CCB snow. The jury is still out on whether this can bomb out earlier giving NNE a good snowstorm

Its not very far off right now, Still time left.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don't even think some of you are kidding. :(   No reason to cancel. 

You set the tone in here early this morning. When you melt and torch post like that , it has a very adverse affect on the mood of  the forum. You have 150,000 posts. Your behavior sets the basic forum emotion from day to day 

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You set the tone in here early this morning. When you melt and torch post like that , it has a very adverse affect on the mood of  the forum. You have 150,000 posts. Your behavior sets the basic forum emotion from day to day 

He's trying to pour water on the fire he started with gasoline earlier.

39 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I agree but some can't avoid having a meltdown over something they have no control over.  They need to spend time at a children's hospital during the holidays to gain perspective. 

Do you actually think anyone posting on this board is in such a state of despair, and aggression  (meltdown style) over weather in a way that that warrants a slap back to reality, ie, a trip to a children’s hospital where there are truly people suffering , and in some cases may be in life ending situations? 
…Do you think Ray is thinking right now that his life is over because he is not getting a white Christmas? I can see him now, “Honey, .it’s great that we have a new child and all, but f*ck it all, there’s no snow this year for Christmas so I am going to head down to the basement until sometime in January when the situation changes.”  Do you think Scott is really thinking about taking that ride to the Tobin Bridge and swan diving into the cold waters below because we missed out on a blizzard that was depicted 10 days ago? Are Kevin, Will, Steve, and myself holding  the scalpel over our wrists as we sit and watch the next putrid run of the Euro?

People here are passionate  about weather (currently, winter weather), but I guarantee that 100% of the people who get bummed out about a few warm, non-snowy days in winter, and especially at Christmas time get off of this forum and move on with their day as planned.  The back and forth banter over weather is just part of the passion.  People get worked up a bit, but again, in every case they move on with their routine.  No foul, no loss, no pain.     

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Do you actually think anyone posting on this board is in such a state of despair, and aggression  (meltdown style) over weather in a way that that warrants a slap back to reality, ie, a trip to a children’s hospital where there are truly people suffering , and in some cases may be in life ending situations? 
…Do you think Ray is thinking right now that his life is over because he is not getting a white Christmas? I can see him now, “Honey, .it’s great that we have a new child and all, but f*ck it all, there’s no snow this year for Christmas so I am going to head down to the basement until sometime in January when the situation changes.”  Do you think Scott is really thinking about taking that ride to the Tobin Bridge and swan diving into the cold waters below because we missed out on a blizzard that was depicted 10 days ago? Are Kevin, Will, Steve, and myself holding  the scalpel over our wrists as we sit and watch the next putrid run of the Euro?

People here are passionate  about weather (currently, winter weather), but I guarantee that 100% of the people who get bummed out about a few warm, non-snowy days in winter, and especially at Christmas time get off of this forum and move on with their day as planned.  The back and forth banter over weather is just part of the passion.  People get worked up a bit, but again, in every case they move on with their routine.  No foul, no loss, no pain.     

Well said. It's a weather forum, we discuss . No different than a sports forum. Teams lose, life goes on. We Grinch  life goes on. That children's hospital comment he made was out of bounds.  Everyone here has had tragedy, heartbreak and tough times. Equating wx posts with that is just wrong and unnecessary 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Yes you and Scooter did. In classic fashion. Now you’re back to trying to find ways to make it snow in a terrible pattern. Also in classic fashion.

Kev listen man I need to give you some life advice.  Drinking craft beer at 7 am on Christmas eve is a recipe for disaster.  Take a break your body and brain needs it

• Haha 3

I do want to apologize for my little rant earlier. Although it wasn't even that bad compared to what I'm seeing LOL. I know winter will be back. I've always been a very optimistic person and I plan on staying that way. I'm quite sure we're going to see more storms and see the excitement level shootup to the top of the exiteometer. So, let's take this little break we're going to have from the winter weather in the next couple of weeks and know that it'll be back. It will be fun times ahead. And we'll all forget about these last few weeks. Merry Christmas to all you guys. I really do like this forum and enjoy coming here every day

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

4:00, wallow in self-pity. 4:30, stare into the abyss. 5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one. 5:30, jazzercize; 6:30, dinner with me. I can’t cancel that again. 7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing. I’m booked. Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9, I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness.” 

Gold!  Pure gold!

• Haha 2