• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

i’ve checked quite a bit lately and they (ORH) seem cool compared to the 900-1100 ft stations. By maybe 1F. At one point they were comparable with temps to near 1200’ stations in the berks last week with CAA and seemed a bit strange to me. 
 It’s not egregious, but they’ve been steady state 1F or so on avg cooler than many stations in terms of departures.  I’ll keep my eye on it a bit more. I haven’t looked at it as hard as BOS, but there’s been a few head scratchers. Kevin, I know when things can seem slightly off. I led the BOS issues and it’s recognized. I know what I’m looking at. It’s possible it’s within reason, but it’s caught my eye a few times. BOS it in a league of its own.

• Weenie 1

On the ORH subject, for some reason I've found it fascinating for years that airport is at the highest elevation within the Worcester city limits.

What a weenie spot to have an ASOS taking records for a major city.

To Will and other ORH'ers with knowledge, is having that airport a lot higher up than say downtown Worcester have major differences in weather like snowstorm totals? I would think just maybe radiational cooling nights it would be a lot different between the airport and downtown Worcester

11 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

On the ORH subject, for some reason I've found it fascinating for years that airport is at the highest elevation within the Worcester city limits.

What a weenie spot to have an ASOS taking records for a major city.

To Will and other ORH'ers with knowledge, is having that airport a lot higher up than say downtown Worcester have major differences in weather like snowstorm totals? I would think just maybe radiational cooling nights it would be a lot different between the airport and downtown Worcester

It can.  For example, in the 2008 ice storm the higher parts of the city were getting croaked while downtown it just rained.   

The irony is that MADIS says ORH may be a hair too warm over the last year. However, if I’m reading this right...the sites it uses are also not really similar elevation? Perhaps Brian knows more. 

I have no stake in the game. It just seems like they have running departures on the cool side. You guys are taking it way too personally. 

https://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/search?site=KORH;Get information=Get information;days=364#Data

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The irony is that MADIS says ORH may be a hair too warm over the last year. However, if I’m reading this right...the sites it uses are also not really similar elevation? Perhaps Brian knows more. 

I have no stake in the game. It just seems like they have running departures on the cool side. You guys are taking it way too personally. 

https://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/search?site=KORH;Get information=Get information;days=364#Data

The MADIS analysis data for some reason went to hell over the last few months. I'm not sure what's wrong. Maybe Chris knows something. Anything after that Aug/Sep period, where the weird readings started popping up, toss.

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Among other things. 

So I guess toss the latest readings since the summer. That’s too bad.

If you look at the error standard deviations they shot up for all stations around that period.

BED for example...

I wonder if it's not being maintained right now like when NOWdata was taken offline.

image.png