Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol but look back I said chances of snow and you responded what chances? That's the confusion.  Anyways have a blessed Christmas with your young family.  There is absolutely nothing better than Christmas morning with small kids who still are wide eyed thinking Santa came.

Thank you, unfortunately working Christmas morning. But, have the week after off. 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Thank you, unfortunately working Christmas morning. But, have the week after off. 

Yea been there done that, sucks . Enjoy your time off. I dont think this month takes much of a hit since the real warmth isnt until Monday the 22nd and only lasts 3 days. If we can squeeze out some snow to end it will be up there.

download (37).png

Yeah last night's runs looked like ka-ka for snow chances but they have been wildly inconsistent which was expected in this pattern. I think the default position is expect nothing for now but don't completely punt the 12/26-12/31 period. 

The EPS look really good post-New Years though. I think we may have some good chances in early January if that comes to fruition. Let's get the Wilton Felder music cranked up. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah last night's runs looked like ka-ka for snow chances but they have been wildly inconsistent which was expected in this pattern. I think the default position is expect nothing for now but don't completely punt the 12/26-12/31 period. 

The EPS look really good post-New Years though. I think we may have some good chances in early January if that comes to fruition. Let's get the Wilton Felder music cranked up. 

Kind of lost in all this is that solstice winter actually doesn't start until tonight. Lots of fun lays ahead. Enjoy the kids man, special week.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Snow on the ground 16 out of 21 days this month.Ice for 5 days in a row now. Solid solid Dec.  Grinch warmth is not good though. Hopefully we can see this warm period as a blip on the radar of winter. Certainly very encouraging going into Jan with modeling and analogs very winter like. Overall even with these warm periods one of the best winter Decembers in many years

Have had 1"+ since Nov. 11, just one day later than last year.  However, snow this month has been meh, currently ranking 17th of 22 Decembers here though just 0.1" behind 2015.  That month blew away all records for Dec warmth while this one is currently 1.5° BN and also AN for precip.  Unless something pops up before 1/1/20, this will be 2 Decembers in a row w/o a single storm 4"+.

23 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Hmm, I took it as it was Vim Toot, He went under the monicker of Aroostook Sailor on some other sites.

He used to be Aroostook Sailer back on Eastern too. 

4 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

Yeah, I was totally unclear about that.  Maine Photog moved to PA and is alive and well.

He's going to be so pissed about not getting 48F and drizzle in June. 

• Haha 3