Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

41 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That looks like Christmas should, nice. IMO the depth is largely irrelevant once you can’t see the grass.  

It's been a nice holiday season. We've literally only had 3-4 days without snowpack all month. Been a while since we've had so much of the pre-Xmas period with snow cover. Dec 2017 was pretty good but not quite matching. We established cover on 12/9 and never lost it. But this year it happened on 12/1...and while we've lost it twice it was very brief. The next system happened very quickly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's been a nice holiday season. We've literally only had 3-4 days without snowpack all month. Been a while since we've had so much of the pre-Xmas period with snow cover. Dec 2017 was pretty good but not quite matching. We established cover on 12/9 and never lost it. But this year it happened on 12/1...and while we've lost it twice it was very brief. The next system happened very quickly. 

Here I have not totally lost it at all.  It looked pretty nasty before Tuesday’s refresher.  The cold has locked it up.   Hope to keep it through the month. 

Well the 26th deal is minor and oscillating. Looks like NNE deal now. And then something a few days later that could be a SWFE deal or a cutter. After that, at least per 00z EPS, looks like we may get some cold into the US as flow becomes a bit more meridional thanks to a better EPO. But Alaska has been fluctuating so I’m not sure I buy that. The pattern seems ok to me from afar. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

No stove? I thought u had one

I grew up with wood and have no desire to deal with it now. Luckily, it seems to just be the burner motor. We have a hybrid electric hot water heater so at least we have hot water. Until a couple of years ago our hot water came from the boiler too. Repair man is on his way. Hopefully, it’s not an unpleasant Christmas surprise. 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well the 26th deal is minor and oscillating. Looks like NNE deal now. And then something a few days later that could be a SWFE deal or a cutter. After that, at least per 00z EPS, looks like we may get some cold into the US as flow becomes a bit more meridional thanks to a better EPO. But Alaska has been fluctuating so I’m not sure I buy that. The pattern seems ok to me from afar. 

Knew the 26th would end up NNE

I used to be a lot more hung up on the white Christmas thing myself. Last time I had a meltdown over it was a few years ago in one of the grinch storms. Ageing helps. I have a pretty good sense that the winter will produce a couple of major hitters and a good number of minors. So what if it melts for a couple of days in between? This has been a very decent December. Recall the not so distant Christmases Past when we got around an inch for the whole month in SNE