• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

Looks like we could hit the snooze button perhaps in the east for awhile. Sure maybe something sneaks in, but when I look at the hemispheric pattern....it's not very exciting. I guess we'll just see how it goes. Some signs of a Hudson Bay and Quebec ridge which can help...but the Pacific sucks.

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like we could hit the snooze button perhaps in the east for awhile. Sure maybe something sneaks in, but when I look at the hemispheric pattern....it's not very exciting. I guess we'll just see how it goes. Some signs of a Hudson Bay and Quebec ridge which can help...but the Pacific sucks.

See you in January....or 12z....

• Haha 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

That was my fear for Jan in the winter forecast. December was a great month and Jan would be mundane and worst of the 3 winter moths with Feb being good. Of course I was hoping I was wrong about Jan

This has nothing to do with January. Also December is still TBD.

Why anyone is writing January off right now  is truly  unrealistic. We had such an awesome December, it's no wonder the last week and a half went to a more neutral and calm based pattern. It's a rare to have a pattern run the same way right through one month to the next month all winter long. Not saying it hasn't happened, but very rare. We just need patience people, January will have it's Sparks and moments of snow and cold. And so what about not having a white Christmas. Doesn't happen often anyway, so, it's not the end of the world. Everyone take a breath. Winter is not done, not by any means. True winter is really just starting

• Like 1

PAC is def ugly but split flow negates some of that and those bouts -NAO are helpful. They give us a chance at least. Hopefully we can pop something. Ensembles did support a chance around 12/25-26 and then again 3-4 days later. It's not super cold obviously but we've produced before on some of these "poor PAC, but weakness in Quebec and Davis strait" type patterns....think late Dec 2012.  

We will need some breaks but it's not hopeless. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

No matter what , Dec has been great. AN snow and BN temps. Best in many many years. Iron clad 

I can think of better December's, but it's been best since 2010 here. However, if we don't get much of anything until NY, then it's going to knock it down a grade. I know you are trying hard to validate your call.  Hopefully we can pull off an event or two.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I can think of better December's, but it's been best since 2010 here. However, if we don't get much of anything until NY, then it's going to knock it down a grade. I know you are trying hard to validate your call.  Hopefully we can pull off an event or two.

I honestly don’t care about that like a few others we know lol. I hope I bust on a boring Jan. I just thought way back Dec had a nice look to it while most torched it. Sure we’ve had two melting rainers, but some of you guys have almodt half seasonal snow YTD normals . And it’ll come in BN from NYC north. To me, that’s a good Dec

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Been solid down this way IMO at least compared to recent Decembers.