Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Someone in Maine, maybe tamarack is going to get crushed later today and tonight as that low forms.

Would be nice, but if we get more than a dusting from that kind of inverted trough, it will be the first time since moving here in 1998.  They don't seem to reach the foothills very often.  A decent squall with the CF is a better chance.

News from farther west: I heard from an acquaintance in Sault Ste. Marie, ON, that he'd had 15 cm in squalls with more to come.  :)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

So no sn storms through next week, mild-up for xmas, leaving last week of the month for some potential. Possibly mild first half of Jan. Sounds like shit. The 'it's still early" posts will be fading soon it seems.

You would not fit the description of “a most happy fella”..

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Would be nice, but if we get more than a dusting from that kind of inverted trough, it will be the first time since moving here in 1998.  They don't seem to reach the foothills very often.  A decent squall with the CF is a better chance.

News from farther west: I heard from an acquaintance in Sault Ste. Marie, ON, that he'd had 15 cm in squalls with more to come.  :)

It may not be you directly, I just mean that general area. Looks good on guidance wherever it forms. 

30 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Can you get 15cm in squalls? That would be a sizeable event

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:
19 minutes ago, weathafella said:
You would not fit the description of “a most happy fella”..

Nah, I'm just tired and cranky today.

I’m a bumming too cuz I have plans to go to the Northern part of the “County” to sled day after Xmas...and as of now, that’s not looking so hot. Sure hope they get some more snow over the next 7-8 days up there, but it’s not likely I know. Sucks. 

8 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I’m a bumming too cuz I have plans to go to the Northern part of the “County” to sled day after Xmas...and as of now, that’s not looking so hot. Sure hope they get some more snow over the next 7-8 days up there, but it’s not likely I know. Sucks. 

they said they have an 8-12" base. Just need 6-8" and it will be rideable again.

1 hour ago, Minenfeld! said:

I've got just about 7" and ice here. It's been a pain though, because of the differences between home and Stamford where I work. Different climate south of the Merritt.

I work in Stamford too so know your pain. The fun is when I go to my office in NYC talk about different climate!

Just now, EastonSN+ said:

I work in Stamford too so know your pain. The fun is when I go to my office in NYC talk about different climate!

Stamford as well. Trumbull to Stamford can be like two different worlds, although Trumbull acts more coastal than inland even thought its north of 15.

Just now, cut said:

Stamford as well. Trumbull to Stamford can be like two different worlds, although Trumbull acts more coastal than inland even thought its north of 15.

Agreed Easton as well of course. Nothing like Danbury or Hartford. Although the areas right on the coast crush us on coastals as they get a little juice from the sound.

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

The Rangely Lakes Snowmobile Club has trails that are opened.