Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

29 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Glad we don't live there. Already over 20 inches here on the season.

Heh... right.  Just scanning NWS/Norton's climate site... Worcester's setting at -4.5 F departure temperature for the month ( so far ), with 23.1" of snow.  Considering the latter, snowfall ( the focus of most users malcontent ...), when inducting the usage of this site, " https://www.weather-us.com/en/massachusetts-usa/worcester-climate#snowfall "  ( which I admittedly I have not vetted) Decembers in Worcester average 14.4" 

If there's truth to these empirical values... ORH are presently sitting at over 160% of average at nearly -5 F, to date ( and it's only just the 13th mind us) ...and this winter sucks? 

Nah... what sucks is the lives of those judging things that way.  I mean, the Earth's atmosphere can only do so much to bring people joy ( :wacko2:  ) ... Otherwise, if one has no other pathways to pass-times that are enriching, there's a problem ;) 

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The CT Valley might get wedged nicely. I guess it depends on how much rain falls, but could easily come out with something after the rain. Sunday will be mild though before the true colder air comes. 

Most of the snow from earlier in the week is still here along with 2-6" of old glacial snow.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Our winter forecast mentioned NYC south would likely struggle thus winter south of the gradient 

It’s not a La Niña so I don’t know why so many forecasts had a doom and gloom winter from NYC-DCA.  Considering December was supposed to be the worst month and NYC could still get out of it with above normal snowfall (I think they only need 3 more inches to do that). I think many of the forecasts at least for them might bust.  PHL/DCA remains to be seen 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

About 13” here even close to the water. No complaints. 

Almost 2" more than here in the snowy foothills, though we still have about 4" of armor plate atop the lawn, so the nice fat doe (which knew that the season ended last Saturday) had to work in getting a meal from drops beneath the apple trees. My average snowfall thru 12/13 is 11.9", so after running ahead of the average since Veterans' Day I'm now slightly behind.  Average thru next Tuesday as 15.7" and models point more toward 2-3" than the 5" needed to jump back ahead of average.

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

Almost 2" more than here in the snowy foothills, though we still have about 4" of armor plate atop the lawn, so the nice fat doe (which knew that the season ended last Saturday) had to work in getting a meal from drops beneath the apple trees. My average snowfall thru 12/13 is 11.9", so after running ahead of the average since Veterans' Day I'm now slightly behind.  Average thru next Tuesday as 15.7" and models point more toward 2-3" than the 5" needed to jump back ahead of average.

I think you’ll pick up at least a few inches next week. 

1 hour ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Imagine if that was all snow!!!! This would be 40-50" easy! And with temps in the teens you can automatically add 30:1 ratios for the entire event. This would yield 120-150". Throw in some good banding and thundersnow and would we probably be at around 200" and that's being very conservative. 

Lol, one can dream. One can dream.