Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

38 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I want a good ice storm. when was the last real damaging ice storm we had? Dec 08? But even down in CT...can't really remember anything significant since 98...although there might have been a decent one in 2002?

Don't ever bring up November 2002 again!! From my spreadsheet

ajdyJe7.jpg

13 minutes ago, TheCloser24 said:

CT actually had a significant ice storm in January 2009. There were some power outages and a few fatalities.

I think I may actually remember that...didn't that really crush Litchfield County and NW HFD cty?

9 minutes ago, Collinsville said:

Don't ever bring up November 2002 again!! From my spreadsheet

ajdyJe7.jpg

hey...that winter was solid...I think BDL had like 93''

Actually what could make things really interesting in the south is it looks like there is a pretty decent EML that advects in from the Mexican Plateau. Remember that sounding game we were playing months back? Time to play it again...that's a pretty solid sounding for December...anywhere in the country. Could be an early start to the severe Monday morning across LA...I could see tornadic supercells initiating quickly then becoming linear and producing a damaging squall line through TN and GA!!!!

2019121306_GFS_078_31.14,-92.56_winter_m

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Of course not. We forget how difficult it is for the atmosphere to produce snow. With rain...a cloud forms and it wants to precipitate already. 

My pet peeve is when we get 8" of rain, and someone like snow88 will explain how much snow we would have gotten if it were 20 degrees colder...with blatant  disregard for the compromised ability of colder air to hold moisture.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My pet peeve is when we get 8" of rain, and someone like snow88 will explain how much snow we would have gotten if it were 20 degrees colder...with blatant  disregard for the compromised ability of colder air to hold moisture.

I want to throw my phone everytime I see this mentioned on twitter. 

I think this is a good time for a twitter rant on this subject 

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That analogy gets tossed around by many more then just him, You here that all the time by folks that are not a into weather that always say can you imagine if this was all snow? I bet i hear it tomorrow.

Just now, dryslot said:

That analogy gets tossed around by many more then just him, You here that all the time by folks that are not a into weather that always say can you imagine if this was all snow?

If you have at least some background of weather you should know not to make that connection...it's much more understandable for the general public to say that.