Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Look what Anthony did.  Solid snow soundings for Rick. 983 at the elbow moving North is a great spot for him in marginal air

He doesn't flip to snow until it's about out of here. Maybe he gets a tenth or two of snow w.e. in the fantasy 84hr NAM.

3 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

For one..snow is prettier..for two..it's a lot easier to travel in snow than ice. Lastly, you're really asking me that question? Lol

I disagree with both..nothing is more beautiful than a sunrise the morning after an ice storm. And traveling in a blizzard is harder than heavy zr

g06867art01.jpg

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

I disagree with both..nothing is more beautiful than a sunrise the morning after an ice storm. And traveling in a blizzard is harder than heavy zr

g06867art01.jpg

You may need a Dr if that’s what you think.  

A light glaze .25” or less is beautiful to look at, anything more and it becomes exponentially disastrous.  

1 hour ago, Dr. Dews said:

g06867art01.jpg

My brother really enjoyed having his house at 35F in Montreal in 1998 and no power for a week. He can hardly wait for the next crippling ice storm.

12 minutes ago, dryslot said:

The ones that say they want it would be the first ones crying for their mommies after 1 day.

Yeah, I was slightly uncomfortable with no power after the October 2011 snowstorm. I can't imagine having no heat in Montreal in January. It was very cold following the ice storm. The power grid in Quebec was devestated. My brother's house was electrically heated with no fireplace.

3 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Yeah, I was slightly uncomfortable with no power after the October 2011 snowstorm. I can't imagine having no heat in Montreal in January. It was very cold following the ice storm.

It wasn't much better here in 1998, 2"+ ice, Travel was near impossible with all the snapped power poles and downed trees, I had a genny so i got thru it, But there were many that went weeks without power, Nobody wants it.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

It wasn't much better here in 1998, 2"+ ice, Travel was near impossible with all the snapped poweithour poles and downed trees, I had a genny so i got thru it, But there were many that went weeks without power, Nobody wants it.

People in parts of Quebec went up to one month without power. That's tough in January. I was at Sugarloaf and thankfully we didn't lose power as it was between 17-25F outside.

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

If only we could have a reality show akin to Fantasy Island except it was Weather Island and folks could go through the extreme atmospheric perturbations they think they desire.

I'd like to see a tornado from a safe distance. Preferably in the Plains away from any house's or infastructure.