• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

18Z EC was much better than 12Z but 12Z was also pretty damn dry. We still have a ways to go with this one, i'm not holding my breath for this type of setup. 

When we get inside 72 or better yet 60 hrs ill feel better if these type of solutions hold up. We are still at 90 hrs per 18Z ECMWF for snow to start flying.

20 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

18Z EC was much better than 12Z but 12Z was also pretty damn dry. We still have a ways to go with this one, i'm not holding my breath for this type of setup. 

When we get inside 72 or better yet 60 hrs ill feel better if these type of solutions hold up. We are still at 90 hrs per 18Z ECMWF for snow to start flying.

Everything beyond 96 hours is in a massive state of flux in the models. continuity breakdown amid multiple Euro sectors in the 12Z underscores that. 

By the way folks it shifted towards the GFS in a huge way

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

To date

IMG_20191207_180730.jpg

The hometown ALB with the biggest positive departure to date on the entire East Coast.

Crazy that they are at 26.8" so far with a 5.5" average to date.  Not far from half their annual snowfall prior to December 7th. 

That's why I always say it's hard to forecast a ratter for areas that average 60" or less in any year....one good storm can take those areas out of ratter territory percentage wise pretty quickly.

40 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The hometown ALB with the biggest positive departure to date on the entire East Coast.

Crazy that they are at 26.8" so far with a 5.5" average to date.  Not far from half their annual snowfall prior to December 7th. 

That's why I always say it's hard to forecast a ratter for areas that average 60" or less in any year....one good storm can take those areas out of ratter territory percentage wise pretty quickly.

Its going to snow where it wants to snow version 2