Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Anafront is not only a fraud five member, its the president.

So what's it gonna be? Him or me?
We can cruise the world with pearls, gator boots for girls
The envy of all women, crushed linen
Cartier wrist-wear with diamonds in em
The finest women I love with a passion
Ya man's a wimp, I give that ass a good thrashin'
High fashion - flying into all states
Sexing me while your man masturbates
Isn't this great? Your flight leaves at eight
Her flight lands at nine, my game just rewinds
Lyrically, I'm supposed to represent
I'm not only a member, I'm the fraud five President.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That shift east with the total mass fields by the operational Euro later next week may be subtle, but it's important 

;) 

...A shift east that did not continue "enough" in the 00z cycle immediately following as much as I was bunning, unfortunately. There's time.

Classic Appalachian runner out there after the correction cold floods east in the 00z Euro run. Haven't actually seen one of those west-side roof-top runners in years ... years, actually, maybe it's time.   

There's a funny rub to that should a deep Gulf wave bomb up the western slopes of the eastern cordillera like that, cutting between Buffalo and Albany ( toting along a + 12 C, 850 mb plume of clear to western Maine! ). All of that is still "nailing" the mid month storminess idea.  Perfect call!  Nice job letting everybody know what their missing - LOL

It won't get the recognition of course, ... because of what it would mean for New England - but, the atmosphere and the phenomenon that it carries ...?  It doesn't care about what we want ;)    The existence of a corrective event, prescribed and executed by meteorological phenomenon, can be rain or snow.  That's obvious, of course, but ... I do at times sense an unbalanced recognition practice ( ha ha ) when it comes to post 'objective analysis' regarding storm calls comparing results that were, snow vs rain, vs even nearly missing but still having a big bomb in a vicinity - that matters in the fair distinction, too.  Everything else is human conception, desire...at times, conceit; and whether the weather is cooperating with that baggage, that baggage really has nothing to do with being right or wrong, but may coincidentally align.   Funny... but might be hard for folks to see that clarity and truism.  Just because we may not get an interesting "winter-like" event out of x-y-z, does not mean shit.  The existence, in time, of the event, is all that matters.  

Now that I've finished lambasting the straw man ...ha ha.   But you get my meaning - or should. 

Anyway, I still think there is chance to morph the whole-scale circulation spacing more east. Not a lot. But we all know the Euro likes to hold up the progression of troughs and ridges in late middle/extended ranges, in lieu of its penchants for curving the flow.   I.e., over amplitude.  That might be why the GGEM and GFS are both east of that look overall.  

33 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Anafront is not only a fraud five member, its the president.

Mm overly modeled perhaps... but it's a real phenomenon.  The realization of it is not nearly as frequent as we see it smeared up the western side of cold fronts in the models - that much is true. 

• Like 1

Yeah...I was just considering whether I am interested enough to fight slow load times on various web-interfacing to check surface obs up there along the Mohawk Trail for verification. 

...wondering if this is a virga bomb... 

It's a 'little critter' ...  It's like a little poodle with lip curling attitude that scares the shit out of the Shepherds that don't get it, and yipe away tail curled under genitals ( what the hell did I do - arp!)  I figure if someone clocks a 3.25" poof event outta this thing, that's at least getting a nip and snarl

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Radar looks good for HV. Some decent banding so perhaps just over the border can grab 2-3. Congrats dendrite.

Classic congrats dendrite storm.  Little clipper that ends up dumping 3-4 here with t-1 everywhere else and everyone is calling out from behind their 5 ft snowbanks “congrats dendrite”

ANA depictions on the mid range/ext. charts have another sort of .. ephemeral value about them. 

They are like 'in-run' uncertainty smearing?   If you can image a metaphor where you are looking at the ensemble products that put the uncertainty colorizing on which side of the envelope, suggesting the direction of possible correction and so forth. 

In the 'in-run' metaphor, it's like the model is admitting it's not sure if there's something that's going to happen there. 

It's good as a start, because there's a shameless "air" of truth to that in general; if there is enough physical machinery left over in a given atmospheric evolution that is west of a front, then in principle that region is a step closer to mechanizing more organized storminess/cyclogen and so forth.  SO, future guidance could be worth it.

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah awesome. Screwed in the memorable storm but jacked in a forgettable fart. 

Actually ... wait - you may yet "get" to be f-over by this one, too, if you believe the Binghamton and Albany rad loops...Pretty clearly looks like this is heading S of your latitudes.  

Let's see if we can get that done! :thumbsup:

I don't know how the modelers/NCEP managed to serve this GFS this way, but they somehow improved storm track while maintaining a horrifically egregious progressivity bias overall.

I think if they fix the fact that the base-line scaffold of this model tries to make the flow laminar out in time at least excuse imaginable, first, they might have a f'n chance and clue at really fixing their storm track guidance.  Look at the 06z GFS op at 210 hours... whether that happens, not with standing, but how often does one see a 1032 mb arctic high with 500 DAM thickness NW of Maine, and a deep low scooting E of the VA Capes, and rain...not snow...tickling NYC at a N FRINGE ... That is a manifestation of non-intersecting jet structures, that happens when the flow gets too god damned stretched. It's erroneously rotating all vectors too much into W-E, or E-W orientation to liberally - at all levels.  All winter long, we're going to be dealing with that garbage. 

Yet the Euro?  They over-do it in the other direction.  

I almost wonder, if they removed their so dubbed "4-D variable correction scheme" and run their model, if it would be doing the same thing as the GFS.  I mean, it scratches the head why using the same exact physical equations could be so demonstratively different - but I guess that holds true for all guidance types.  GGEM...UKMET ...GONAPS.  They must all be "over-thinking" nature and trying to imagine a better solution out in time. It's like watching my family prep dishes around the Holiday's, and instead of making them yummy based on the nature of yore ...they fumble around and f- it up, and make just sorta good.