Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

A lot of those snow depths weren't the peak in E MA and RI either. They got like 6-10" two days later on 1/10. That little inverted trough that turned into a legit storm for eastern areas. I think like 2-4 was forecast. 

Was headed into unbelievable deep snow and then the dam broke literally a couple days later.

This was another great storm that year

199602172325_OPUBOS.png

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Disagree as Kev would say violently 

I like the day 10 potential. Guidance vacillating as usual, but big storm threat continues to show up across guidance. Seems the GFS and euro traded depictions but being that the majors have shown it at one time or another in the past day of runs has piqued my interest. I think this is the only one to watch for those wanting meaningful snow. But being out ~10 days, that’s about all you can say right now. Watch with interest... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SnoSki14 said:

Very ugly and the GEFS are pretty much garbage after 5 days. 

Much higher skill in the EPS for the LR. Cutter pattern looks likely with cold/dry to warm/wet on repeat. 

+AO/NAO are of no help.

Eps has been horrible this season. Gefs has been pretty good. 

You are forgetting the -epo. 

All I have seen from you are warm forecasts until it gets closer lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dan76 said:

WE6- 1212 NWS Hotline used to call it every hour when snow was forecasted  

Same here, except when my father got the phone bill  he, in the tradition of the forums very capable moderators, no posted and banished me. Phone booth as my only option I had to walk to 13th Avenue or Fort Hamilton Pkwy to get in range of the nearest one. He was right, of course, but I wouldn’t admit that until now. You know, youth, age, waste and wisdom. As always.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

LOL Even the MADIS check gives it an "X"      Their high was 41 yesterday. 41!!!! Nobody was close to that. Even Norwood which also caught the eye of the NWS was 39. This is an absolute joke. 

https://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/search?site=KBOS;Get information=Get information;days=91#Data

I was 41.4 yesterday

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

We will rip and read the GGEM at this range....

Dec5_00zGGEM228.gif

LOL... 

I was thinking that this morning when I saw this "island" solution ...  That's like 12" of snow, followed on the next panel by [ probably ] 1.6" of High-tention AC power tower bending ice accretion - real crumpling event.

Then I go look at the Euro and ...egh. 

Thing is, though the GGEM is a dart fight at a blind people's convention ... the Euro is probably too far west, whole-scale, with that trough evolution. The D9 doesnt' have the appearance of necessary kinematics leading, that 24 hours later it could implode such a deep mid and u/a hemispheric scale R-wave juggernaut like the Euro ALWAYS fuggin does at that time range anyway. So, I'm willing to bet that's flatter - to what ultimate solution?  Meh, ...who knows...but in and of its self, the Euro's annoying beyond D 6.  

The GFS's 6 z has it's own obnoxious rendition, which I mentioned a while ago...  

I think in general there's enough tele jolt going on mid month to assume ( still ) the warm up early in the week ( next ) is just a reset deal.  In fact, the EPS is far less N-S amped comparing the operational run, and has strong corrective fropa already by the end of Tuesday.   First it gets warm; then it gets cold; boom.  

• Like 5

Yeah that seems high Ray. I forget what your station shielding looks like. Is it loaded with snow blocking the passive airflow?

I think some of those passive shields can be susceptible to reflected solar radiation from the underside as well. The ASOS sites around you were all in that 37ish area. We had a lot of sun up here and even CON only reached 39F.

59 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Eps has been horrible this season. Gefs has been pretty good. 

You are forgetting the -epo. 

All I have seen from you are warm forecasts until it gets closer lol

Epo can dump cold air into the midsection and give a Chicago blizzard while we have sweaty southerly winds and rain.  NAO/EPO combined is money.