Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

12z (what I was referring to yesterday) looked better 

I think it may be GOAK trough and maybe split flow. Kind of tough for many, but interior and NNE could always manage. It does have a cutter look at times. I’m just hoping it changes later in month because I’m all set with lousy December’s. Although it starts off well.

I'd say on balance the operational GFS was cold actually ... It just has a two day stint of an active storm track NW of the region that everyone's focused upon like there's nothing else but the end of the world because of it - oh the humanity.  Actually, in some ways that looks like the ice storm in 1998 ... but who cares at our latitude, right -

But beyond that, a week or so from tomorrow, we cascade on a steady diet of low amplitude -EPO cold loaded air masses.  Just not a lot of specific entertainment modeled during that era... but, we used to have a saying back in my college lab days up there at UML...  'First it gets warm; then it gets cold; BOOM' ... well, the Euro too, both got the warm whip back to cold, ... maybe we just have to wait for the other ? The PNA is progged to remain elevated over at CPC, though the AO/NAO arc leaves a lot to be desired, granted... But, I haven't seen the EPO progs lately ...so the above surmise is just based upon what the operational run's general circulation vibes.  If we have +PNA under a pulsing low amp -EPO, that's still an interesting pattern.