Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The likes a 100-150 mile shift north with the ULL out in the midwest...from well southwest of ORD to near MKE

Jeez and I thought the risk was more of a whiff than a cut.  But even out there, can't the block force surface cyclogenesis off of the Jersey coast?  And isn't that cut too far nw to fry our mid and upper levels?

Just now, dryslot said:

The differences as you said were @H5 earlier.

I dont' expect guidance to handle this system well as a whole because of how ridiculously big this bowling ball is and trying to deal with the NAO ridge at the same time. Timing of ULL ejection from the Rockies will play a role as well as any of those scooter streaks rotating around the backside of the T-day system that gets blocked a bit by the NAO ridge.

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It actually ends up hitting a lot of New England pretty good as it wraps back up when the ULL swings northeast to near ACK....in the 132-144 timeframe. :lol:

It looks exactly like the model I run in my head. 6z, that is...12z isn't out yet 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, dryslot said:

All Eastern MA all the time

I see.

Back to business - how much snow did the GFS show for a random town in northeast CT with a population less than 20k?

Also, what do the overall winter 2019-20 predictions produced by some members of this board have for total snowfall in said bumfuch town? Are these predictions for the town center, town average, or a specific location on top of a specific hill that a specific poster lives on?

Finally, I just wish my local NBC channel chief meteorologist would talk about this specific town on the air more. Viewers really want to know this stuff.