Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Canadian is congrats CNE. 

Nah it's yours or Phili/NYC..  Good melting day today.  Then next storm is rain.  Monday storm is  south with blocking.  I'll enjoy bare ground.  I have to say that the 2" of snow we got the other day had so much water content and then froze that even with warmth and sun today it's extremely durable.  

5 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Nah it's yours or Phili/NYC..  Good melting day today.  Then next storm is rain.  Monday storm is  south with blocking.  I'll enjoy bare ground.  I have to say that the 2" of snow we got the other day had so much water content and then froze that even with warmth and sun today it's extremely durable.  

I see what you're doing and I approve.

12z GFS looks like the southern margin of possibilities with this. Thinking it has over-corrected here but could take several runs for that become clear. Regardless, the players are extreme in terms of persistence/climo. We do have a record low mslp hitting the west coast today... so we should shift our expectations accordingly...climo much less instructive than usual...

28 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Steering flow will be figured out much sooner 

we already have the strong storm...we aren’t waiting to see how models waffle w a phase /non phase in fast flow for next 4 days

I do like the shot of a relatively slow mover once coastal transfers 

I won’t believe a slow mover until all this gets figured out late this week...those slow mover ideas are almost part of the fraud five lately round these parts...rarely works out like that.

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Can't see precip of course, but Ukie upper levels and sfc would suggest an SNE crushing

Nov26_12zUkie.gif

I’m way more interested in a Euro/Ukie blend than a gfs/euro blend.  The ukie needs more respect than it’s getting.  The GFS seems be a default model since it’s so easy to access for many, but it’s performance is poor.  At least people are fading the gfs and I think the ukie supports the “fade the gfs” idea so far.

23 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What does Freak think? NNE or CNE/ SNE storm?

I’m having a mental breakdown because it’s 49F and sunny and absolutely euphoric outside.  And I like it.  It goes against all my snow/cold values.  I don’t know what’s happening.

On the storm...SNE all the way.  I’ve seen that upper level pattern before and bowling balls like that don’t bring big snows here (though I’m sure Willis can think of some).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

I’m having a mental breakdown because it’s 49F and sunny and absolutely euphoric outside.  And I like it.  It goes against all my snow/cold values.  I don’t know what’s happening.

On the storm...SNE all the way.  I’ve seen that upper level pattern before and bowling balls like that don’t bring big snows here (though I’m sure Willis can think of some).

tenor.gif

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

As you continue to get older you will continue liking heat and humidity more and more. It happens to everyone here . Scooter, Ginx, me.. everyone. Some admit it.. some do not 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1