Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

I read "most likely" just fine.  The anxiety in this forum is palpable.  People flinging insults and anger running rampant.  Could be the 1st real winter storm threat for SNE.

Wrong. If you re-read you will understand that ‘most likely’ was in the context of what the most likely south solution is a result of. Meaning, IF this misses south...the ‘most likely’ reasoning is because of disjointed mid levels. That in no way means that is the overall ‘most likely’ solution. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Because that is the most likely south solution.  A total whiff would be more likely if the ULL traversed across the south ala Jan 16 and never quite fully could climb up the coast. This ULL is across the upper midwest ie, less likely to be a whiff. The ‘whiff’ result would be a disjointed mid level mess, not a ‘it’s missing south’. Get it? 

Staring at a bunch of models last night the disjointed mid-level mess scenario was my leanings but I know nothing.   Let’s see how models trend with strength of secondary next few days. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I do the same but confirmation bias is a dangerous game. FYI its not been 1 run of EPS probabilities 

Personally I think it’s harder to stand your ground when every subsequent solution shows something different. We will see how many more runs of major guidance  today? And the final outcome will still be ~5 days away... What’s noise vs what’s meaningful is toughest in weather forecasting imo. Updating a forecast too often can be worse than not enough. Imo the trap is the former when key information is coming over 6 hr intervals—minimal confidence gained per run, BUT its new information...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Staring at a bunch of models last night the disjointed mid-level mess scenario was my leanings but I know nothing.   Let’s see how models trend with strength of secondary next few days. 

Also, having gfs be disjointed and se while euro is nw is a pretty good spot to be in. I like where we are at d5. 

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Also, having gfs be disjointed and se while euro is nw is a pretty good spot to be in. I like where we are at d5. 

Yeah...this can still end up anywhere, but if you have to pick a combo of model solutions at this time frame, you prob want to be tainting a bit on the Euro and being scraped by the GFS.

The NAO ridge is a good thing too that does put a limit on how much this can amp up. But that limit is still high enough to produce all rain for SNE, so it's not safe yet.

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Feeling better today? Good. Your positive contributions are needed. Could be a fun week of tracking.

You didn't answer the question.  How does it feel to have people describe your emotions from a post about the weather.  Like you said , discussion forum, just dont break the mold, you will be labeled . Lots of time lots of options. Just always remember Lucy and Charlie Brown are on Thanksgiving day

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You didn't answer the question.  How does it feel to have people describe your emotions from a post about the weather.  Like you said , discussion forum, just dont break the mold, you will be labeled . Lots of time lots of options. Just always remember Lucy and Charlie Brown are on Thanksgiving day

I’m too high all the time to be angry. You can label me what you want but I couldn’t care less how anyone’s post makes me feel emotionally because it doesn’t. Now, ignorant comments related to subjects that ‘hit close to home’ especially on a text chain is a different story. Not directed at you or anyone in particular, but I’d rather not associate with it...so I left. Problem solved. 

This place should be fun and it usually is, people forget that too often though. Using curse words in posts directs readers into thinking one is not having fun. I’m always ribbing but if you take offense to it, I apologize and we can get back to weather. 

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m too high all the time to be angry. You can label me what you want but I couldn’t care less how anyone’s post makes me feel emotionally because it doesn’t. Now, ignorant comments related to subjects that ‘hit close to home’ especially on a text chain is a different story. Not directed at you or anyone in particular, but I’d rather not associate with it...so I left. Problem solved. 

This place should be fun and it usually is, people forget that too often though. Using curse words in posts directs readers into thinking one is not having fun. I’m always ribbing but if you take offense to it, I apologize and we can get back to weather. 

Never ever take any post here personally just shoot back with a Tommy gun lol. People take shit the wrong way meh. 

Nice bowling ball lets hope its not Kevs 7/10 split.