• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Guess the Seasonal Tri-State Area Snowfall

jm1220

Just for fun, but we can make this a contest as well. I don't recall something similar for seasonal snow in the past here and other subforums have these. So, please guess for the following locations (my guess and this is for the whole season)

NYC: 30.2"

EWR: 32.1"

HPN: 38.5"

ISP: 33.6"

JFK: 25.8"

MMU: 39.0"

BLM: 20.3"

BDR: 35.7"

MGJ (Montgomery, NY) 50.4"

Just for me, but you can guess this as well: Long Beach: 24.0", Huntington Station: 35.0"-distance between both about 25 miles. (last winter was subpar in both locations but I probably had close to twice the seasonal snow here vs. Long Beach because of marginal March events. Definitely a colder microclimate up here)

My thoughts (admittedly I pay nowhere near the attention to seasonal indicators as others do in their predictions and I'm not qualified in any way to forecast, but I read Isotherm, etc's forecasts) are that hopefully we can buy an additional break or two this winter but generally a similar pattern to last season. We were just very unlucky a few times and would've done better with a less suppressed December pattern and any semblance of coastal storm activity later on. I don't see a blockbuster by any means but hopefully not terrible. Inland areas should continue the recent pattern of doing well vs coastal areas since I can see the WAR pushing the storm track close to/over the coast. 

19 hours ago, Rjay said:

^ lol

Hey 88 , If it snows A LOT you and I and some others will be dancing in the streets but I guess we will just have to wait and see how the winter plays out. Rjay its your clam bake and I'm just here to eat the clams but if you are going to giggle at predictions at least throw your hat in the ring and make a prediction yourself so we can actually see who has the last laugh.If you posted already my bad as I did not see it but if you have not = what are you waiting for stop giggling on the sidelines and make a guesstimate. BTW if my guesstimate / prediction was wrong I HOPE I WAS UNDER  :weenie:

12 hours ago, Rjay said:

NYC:  1.2"

EWR:  1.7"

HPN:  3.7"

ISP:  0.4"

JFK:  0.2"

MMU: 6.4"

BLM: 0.1"

BDR:  4.1"

MGJ (Montgomery, NY) 54.1"

Long Beach: 0"

Huntington Station:  3.1"-

9 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Tight gradient, less than half that just two miles to the south

Yeah and those two miles would make all the difference...7.1” IMBY with Millbrook getting 77.1”

On 11/22/2019 at 2:11 PM, BxEngine said:

If that happens i will start a gofundme for bail money after someone from here stabs the central park measurer with a ruler.

I’ll pay to have the ruler bronzed. I may need the help of the younger posters if it’s over 12 inches. The measurer will be fine. A six figure job as an MTA statistician awaits. As always ....

NYC: 25”

EWR: 27”

HPN: 37”

ISP: 27”

JFK: 25”

MMU: 30"

BLM: 18”

BDR: 40”

MGJ (Montgomery, NY) 60”

After this storm, I think we’ll have a big break from snow for most of the region. Then I predict some events in mid to late January, including a couple coastals. Then I think there will be another AN period in most February, with maybe some snow for the northern part of the metro. Then I think northern areas will cash out on a March storm. That’s why I predicted a big north/south gradient. I also think we’ll see a lot of west-east storm tracks, which is why I made my numbers so dependent on latitude.