• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gotsnow
    Newest Member
    gotsnow

11/12/19 Tennessee Valley Early Winter Event

Moderate to heavy snow now, but its booking out of here.  Hopefully we can get some rotation back this way. Not sure that we have much more than 30 minutes or so left though. 

Ground, decks, cars etc covered. 

• Like 2

Currently in a dry slot in southwest Virginia just as the temps flipped to favorable conditions for snow. (Currently Flurrying) 33F as of now. As per the radar though it looks like things are reloading for a good couple hours of solid snow. 

A good steady snowfall rate right now. Temp has fallen another degree to 33.

Now 32. Getting a light dusting on the grass and picnic table.

• Like 2

It's coming down here pretty hard, though it must've just started not too long ago because the road/sidewalks are just wet and the ground barely white.  At the rate its falling coupled with the wind I would expect blowing snow before long.  The wind is howling.  

Back edge is moving over me now. The snow band is expanding, cold air seems to be passing through the moisture faster or maybe it's being enhanced more, but I'll bet Knox-East and NE exceed WWA criteria.

1 minute ago, John1122 said:

Back edge is moving over me now. The snow band is expanding, cold air seems to be passing through the moisture faster or maybe it's being enhanced more, but I'll bet Knox-East and NE exceed WWA criteria.

MRX appears to want to wait until there's over an inch on the ground in Knox and other valley locations to include them in the advisory.

• Haha 1