• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Nov. 10-11th snow event thing

Chicago Storm

I work basically 1/2 mile from KJXN and we've been at 1/4 mi vis for hours. Would eye-ball it at 5-6", beating even the 12z hi-res calls of 3-3.5" by 18z.  Quite the impressive performance for any date, let alone first half Nov

I see GRR's graphic per their update with web-cams along 94, the upper left is the Marshall rest area. Cars getting buried here in the lot. Going to have fun digging my way out later on...:snowing:

20191111 GRR Noon graphic.PNG

Heavy sleet in NW Ohio currently. I think the lake enhancement is going to be quite a boost to the totals, especially for those east of I-75. My call is 3-4" for all places west of I-75 & 4-6" for all portions east. Currently the radar is essentially showing a blank yet the sleet is absolutely pouring to the point it looks like a mini hailstorm. Once this turns to snow as the band approaches it will be rip city

3 minutes ago, HillsdaleMIWeather said:

Absolutely ripping right now, think those higher totals might verify

Oh absolutely. The tilt to this thing with that jet streak is providing plenty of forcing, anyone solidly in the band is going to see some serious totals. I really was shocked most didn't go WSW, especially with it being early season and mid weekday storm. Very dynamic system that can also pull from some warm water on the lakes, should be a solid hit

11 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

Oh absolutely. The tilt to this thing with that jet streak is providing plenty of forcing, anyone solidly in the band is going to see some serious totals. I really was shocked most didn't go WSW, especially with it being early season and mid weekday storm. Very dynamic system that can also pull from some warm water on the lakes, should be a solid hit

Considering IWX raised the point forecast here to 3 to 7 at noon, surprised they didn't as well

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Seems like it generally underperformed or snuck into the low end of the range in IL/WI.  Some areas did ok, like around Cedar Rapids and Rockford.  

Finished with 3" on avg.  Was somewhat difficult with all the blowing.  The snow is quite slushy on the bottom layer over paved surfaces.  Still a very quality event for so early, and was fun to track.

• Like 1