system is still coming together over the east Pacific and northern
Canada, resulting in minor differences in critical features and
QPF fields in the models. For now, it looks like a widespread
dusting to 1 inch, with higher amounts setting up along the
eastern reaches of the I-80 corridor in IL. Current timing has the
measurable snow winding down in this area before sunrise and by
mid morning across the far south.

5 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Here's a 3 km NAM forecast sounding from the lake enhanced band.  A ton of omega.  Not the greatest colocation of that lift within the DGZ but a good amount does get into that DGZ and I suspect it will be ripping fatties at 1-2" per hour in that band at maturity.

777212882_2019111000_NAMNST_035_42.4-87.49_severe_ml.thumb.png.716a4b7614ec13f717414bfe9f77e7a3.png

Both NAMs have some wild enhancement/lake effect off of Lake Huron out this way. Don't think I have ever seen anything like that before, at least not in recent memory.

I see no reason not to go full Euro/RGEM at this point given the American guidance performance.

Pretty prolonged period of light to briefly moderate fgen snow Sunday night into Monday morning from IA to northern IL/southern WI and southern MI, followed by a nice ana-frontal snow shield that expands/intensifies from west to east Monday into Monday night as the 500mb vort and right-entrance quadrant of the upper level jet streak swing through.  Soundings don't look perfect for high ratios but they will be more than 10:1 by late Sunday night and Monday as colder air pours in.  Don't see why there won't be 2-4" of snow from parts of IA east, and probably more like 3-6" for northern IL and southern MI.  The NAM is still trending towards a slightly sharper shortwave with higher heights ahead of it so it will likely move the northern edge north towards the Euro and RGEM in MI.

• Thanks 1

Shaping up to be a nice advisory type snow for a decent chunk of real estate... and the more borderline areas that haven't really had snow yet will probably get one.  

Still have about 50% or so leaf coverage on my block.  I am figuring on the first 2-3" being of the denser/wetter variety before it gets fluffier toward the end.  Lost less leaves than I would've thought on Halloween but I suspect the trees may be a little more willing to part with them this time. 

50 minutes ago, Gino27 said:

Looks like another I-70 / I-71 battleground here in Ohio until it becomes all snow.

I swear some cosmic engineer laid I-70 out right along the midwest storm track because 40 was to far south lol.  The American models have trended to some screw holes along the I-70 corridor but the others are colder.  Experience says screw holes but with this anomalous pattern I'd lean across the pond. 

• Haha 1