• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gotsnow
    Newest Member
    gotsnow

A little pre-season thread: Can Nov. 8 pull off an early win?

7 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Northern Greens getting some snow.  These are VTRANS RWIS pics of Rt.105 and Rt. 242 in the Jay Peak area

Jay - 105.jpg

Westfield  - 242.jpg

Is that you out there doing donuts?

1 hour ago, The 4 Seasons said:

lol that would be pretty sad if it was true. I mistook your name for "weathafella"...Jerry, i believe right? Sorry, did not mean you dude. Jerry is the one who does not have a location on the avatar.

I thought I had my locale in my profile?  South Brookline (aka chestnut Hill), MA elevation 200 ASL.  About 2 miles east of 128.

Unless things change, I think (based on current radar) that precip is mostly gone at my place before any significant changeover.  Was planning to take tomorrow off to chase the wily whitetail on snow, but anything less than a full inch (preferably 2 or more) would mean frozen slush on frozen leaves at sunrise, and I won't burn vacation time to hunt in those conditions.

1 hour ago, alex said:

Damn warm ground :lol:

7F07D423-EA0F-4921-8272-32FCF3A1E917.jpeg

Has Diane already slid off the road yet?  These southern drivers can’t be trusted in snow!  :lol:

6 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Has Diane already slid off the road yet?  These southern drivers can’t be trusted in snow!  :lol:

Haha omg she’s gonna kill you when she reads is

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It’s good to see snow laying down in NNE.  That typically is step 1 in a normal winter.

Yeah it is always nice to see the first widespread snowfall in the area even if it misses us north. Usually that's the way it works. Picnic tables first and then a nice widespread event for all elevations of NNE. 

Steady snow and 32.6° F with a slushy coating on the grassy surfaces. It was cold rain occasionally mixed with mangled flakes much of the day, but it finally made the transition to all snow about an hour ago. 0.25" of rain before changeover. 

39F -RA...at the high for the day currently as the breeze picks up a bit. I assume we’re starting to advect in the cold now as I mix out my wedgie

33 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Are you sure your house generator is going to be high enough off the ground so that it doesn't get buried in the snow?

Lol. It’s meant for floods... but why not, let’s bury that sucker!!!

about an inch so far. Best snow growth in the past 10 minutes