Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2019 General Discussion

Hoosier

Dropped to 6 here, and 7 at ORD. 

The 7 at ORD breaks the daily low temp record for 11/12, and is the coldest temperature on record for Chicago so early in the season.  The prior coldest was 8 on 11/12/1986. ORD also set a record low of 13 last night (11/11) just before midnight, breaking the old record of 15 in 1950.

Rockford dropped to 3 this morning, breaking the daily record low for 11/12 (old record 7 in 1986).  Also, this morning was the coldest temp on record so early in the season. Previous record was 3 on 11/13/1986.

• Thanks 1

We got down to -7 in Ames this morning, and -1F at DSM. The -7 is a degree off the all time Ames record but shatters a record from 1911 (2F). DSM's is also a record, five degrees colder than the previous one. 

I'm personally very thankful that this type of anomalous cold didn't come in the dead of January. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, beavis1729 said:

Dropped to 6 here, and 7 at ORD. 

The 7 at ORD breaks the daily low temp record for 11/12, and is the coldest temperature on record for Chicago so early in the season.  The prior coldest was 8 on 11/12/1986. ORD also set a record low of 13 last night (11/11) just before midnight, breaking the old record of 15 in 1950.

Rockford dropped to 3 this morning, breaking the daily record low for 11/12 (old record 7 in 1986).  Also, this morning was the coldest temp on record so early in the season. Previous record was 3 on 11/13/1986.

If Chicago can remain 19 or under today, it would be the earliest high in the teens on record, beating out November 15 (1933).

• Like 1

Record cold high set in South Bend...among many other locations I assume. 

RECORD EVENT REPORT 
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA
440 PM EST TUE NOV 12 2019

...RECORD COLD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT SOUTH BEND...

A RECORD COLD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 24 WAS SET AT SOUTH BEND 
TODAY. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 27 SET IN 1920.

10 minutes ago, sbnwx85 said:

Record cold high set in South Bend...among many other locations I assume. 

RECORD EVENT REPORT 
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA
440 PM EST TUE NOV 12 2019

...RECORD COLD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT SOUTH BEND...

A RECORD COLD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 24 WAS SET AT SOUTH BEND 
TODAY. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 27 SET IN 1920.

25 here smashing 31 set back in 1995. Also 1 off the record low of 16 with several hours to go, currently 23/08 tomorrow mornings record is 12, we are forecast to go down to 6. 6 would be the earliest single digit low on record for winter season and 5th coldest record low in November.

• Like 2

High at ORD was 17.  So as mentioned, it is now the earliest sub 20 degree high on record for Chicago.

Also... with a high that was 33 degrees below average and a low that was 27 degrees below average, today had an overall departure of -30 at ORD.  That appears to be only the 4th time that Chicago has had a -30 or greater departure day in November.  The other 3 are 11/21/1880, 11/24/1950 and 11/17/1959.

• Like 2

Champaign, IL is down to 0F already! Insane for the first half of November at 9PM. South wind should keep the temp from falling much more though.
hacefrio.png.8a7942057ced289c80c6c5a1f1895133.png

Downright impressive snowfall and cold snap for November that's for sure. According to coolwx there are a few stations approaching/exceeding all time record monthly lows right now, but to be fair those stations have less than 50 years of data.

recordsA.daily_usa.large.thumb.jpg.dcdfd3d95bdca9972816054f82397631.jpg

Detroit is down to 9°F and dropping, which breaks the daily record of 12°F. As mentioned earlier, it’s the earliest single digit low temperature in Detroit’s history, with the old record being 8°F on 11/16/1933. Detroit ended up breaking every daily cold temperature record for the 12th: record low, record high minimum, and record low average temp. Impressive combination of record snow followed by record cold. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weatherbo said:

No, not really.

Low of 2  overnight.

I was up in your neck of the woods Sun-Mon at Northern MI university, my son had a scholarship competition thing up there, man is that campus in a beautiful spot. Marquette is such a cool town, I can see why you choose to live up there Bo. Drove through a whiteout heading home Monday around lunch time on the Seney stretch, looked to be about 16"-20" in a spot along there and that was before all the snow they got Mon evening into yesterday.

4 hours ago, slow poke said:

I was up in your neck of the woods Sun-Mon at Northern MI university, my son had a scholarship competition thing up there, man is that campus in a beautiful spot. Marquette is such a cool town, I can see why you choose to live up there Bo. Drove through a whiteout heading home Monday around lunch time on the Seney stretch, looked to be about 16"-20" in a spot along there and that was before all the snow they got Mon evening into yesterday.

Nice! 
Like I’ve mentioned before, I can be in Marquette in 25 minutes and it has pretty much everything I need for whatever, and for me personally,  Marquette's the perfect size town. It has the university, which is basically the heartbeat of the town and also gives it a youngish vibe, as well. Lots of non-chain places to eat and shop. Not to mention how beautiful it is, nestled next to Superior and surrounded by all the rocky hills. The town is an outdoor lovers dream, but so is the entire UP. Have never regretted moving here... however, the one  negative is that snow is no longer a novelty, just a reality. Still love it tho.
Glad you enjoyed your short stay! 

• Like 1