Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2019 General Discussion

Hoosier

8 hours ago, Torchageddon said:

As soon as midnight came furious winds of winter started to howl and then a few minutes into November the first flakes of the season started in Grey-Bruce. What a classic.

Maybe it was all the long-forgotten souls of Halloween being sucked back into their cold, eternal resting place?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, weatherbo said:

Few inches of snow overnight.  Seems to snow a little everyday lately, with snow in the forecast daily for at least the next week. Settling into a winter routine, waking up at night to feed the stove, check radar and model runs etc....:wub:

Snow probably here to stay for the season

IMG_8938.JPG.290738c693f797cd242eb990f72b84f9.jpg.c9403f35056ca054be47d033da2a7fed.jpg

A lot of areas in central ontario/northern ontario wont see the ground again until april. 

• Like 2

Trees on my block are still 60-70% full of leaves... on average... some have more than that.  They were turning yellow but have recently gone to more of a brown look.  I think there will still be a lot left on the trees when the more significant cold hits so the change to ugly brown will probably continue.  

46 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Trees on my block are still 60-70% full of leaves... on average... some have more than that.  They were turning yellow but have recently gone to more of a brown look.  I think there will still be a lot left on the trees when the more significant cold hits so the change to ugly brown will probably continue.  

I would say 50/50 here, mostly some hearty maples holding on.

Forecasters are biting on the serious cold early next week. The point-n-clicks around here are already bumping up against some long-standing min. maxes and low records.  They could also being fudging toward climo at this range, so going even lower is possible.  We're talking temps that are colder than the lowest averages in January. We better get some snow out of this or I'll personally be lighting up the complaint thread.

• Haha 1

We have easily blown by the initial predictions of 3" here for this storm. We are probably at 5-6" of snow on the ground going off the cars and sidewalks look. This means coupled with last weeks 3" and 5" events we are now over a foot for the season. And it's only November 6th! To put i one perspective last year I think i was early-january before we had a foot for the season.

• Like 2