Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Banter 2019

George BM

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

I've done two of those, and still have one left when the stubborn leaves finally fall.

Ditto. My last "mowing/leafing' is usually in December with all the pin and red oaks here. JUST started raining here, so any outdoor activities have just went to the back burner. Least I got wood in and a fire started 30 minutes ago.

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Going to be mowing into February it looks like. Maybe throw some seed down?

So it was too soon to deflate the baby pool?  Banana hammock weather for Xmas?

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I've done two of those, and still have one left when the stubborn leaves finally fall.

I got one maple with some leaves still hanging but my hope is with strong southerly breezes all winter they will go into the neighbors yard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

Too bad we have Bob crushing weenie hopes and dreams in the LR thread.  I’m glad I went with a call for ~5” at DCA. ;)

Yep. It's pretty obvious that this winter is gonna be another epic fail. Only I knew this deep down before it became obvious. Score another winter... start the 20-21 winter thread. It's over. :cliff:

13 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Ditto. My last "mowing/leafing' is usually in December with all the pin and red oaks here. JUST started raining here, so any outdoor activities have just went to the back burner. Least I got wood in and a fire started 30 minutes ago.

My birch stayed green until late October, then went straight to brown without yellowing, and most of the leaves are still hanging on.  The swamp maple never has good color, but the elm in the front was bland this year too, and both still have some leaves left.

11 minutes ago, H2O said:

So it was too soon to deflate the baby pool?  Banana hammock weather for Xmas?

I got one maple with some leaves still hanging but my hope is with strong southerly breezes all winter they will go into the neighbors yard.

Unfortunately, the angles and crevices of my house are usually the deposit vault of my neighbors' indifference.

( @mattie g, I may need some punctuation tips on the above sentence)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I'm brewing for the third weekend in a row.  The garage door is open, the kerosene heater is cranking, Caps on the telly, and clouds increasing on a cold November day with snow on the way.

Well, it can't be perfect, but it's pretty darn close.

So jealous. I last brewed in August (I think). :(

1 minute ago, JakkelWx said:

Glad we're not fans of that team

I am a tad "worried" about tomorrow night for some reason. On paper the Ravens should win easily. But the law of averages tends to rear up in the NFL. Ravens are on a roll, on the road, against a team that really needs it, add in a few untimely turnovers...ok i am done now. Ravens are bullies. end of/

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Shhh. My trolling is very subtle. :D

My bad. And you do it so well. I believe you are almost to my level now and with far fewer years of practice at it. That reminds me, when does @WxWatcher007send out the checks? Have a feeling I am going to get a big bonus coming my way after all the weenies start piling into the panic room when it becomes obvious that the AO is going into the crapper the next 2 months. Oh wait, I think I have said too much. Better get back to posting how things aren't that bad and are actually looking pretty good. The weenies seem to buy that so it works for me... and my wallet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

My bad. And you do it so well. I believe you are almost to my level now and with far fewer years of practice at it. That reminds me, when does @WxWatcher007send out the checks? Have a feeling I am going to get a big bonus coming my way after all the weenies start piling in when it becomes obvious that the AO is going into the crapper the next 2 months. Oh wait, I think I have said too much. Better get back to posting how things aren't that bad and are actually looking pretty good. The weenies seem to buy that so it works for me... and my wallet.

Wait- You have actually received compensation? @WxWatcher007 whats the deal here?

• Haha 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic