Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Banter 2019

George BM

4 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

After reading people on here and elsewhere you can generally get accustomed to their bias whether they lean warm, cold, weenie or just plain  neutral. It's all about paying attention then being able to adjust your own thoughts knowing how others project. It's not that hard.

Myself I tend to bias towards cheetos especially on Sunday but I'm sure you all know that 

Crunchy only

• Like 1

4 hours ago, H2O said:

I never would have thought one owner could destroy a franchise as much as Dan Snyder has

Night and day difference from the Cooke era.  Cooke epitomized the term, "take care of your people and they will take care of you".   

Was not too long ago when season tickets for the Redskins was THE thing to have.  Snyder paid $800M for the Skins and Forbes says it's currently worth $3.4B, but that seems high based on all the empty seats.  

Too bad the NFL doesn't have some sort of 2/3rds vote option to force an owner to abdicate.  In the big picture, the current Skins administration is hurting not only the Skins, but the league.  

13 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I'm kind of amazed how good the Ravens are.  It's like watching a series of warning level snows hitting us and the ensembles showing a KU ahead.  Just waiting for the other shoe to drop incredulously.  

Talent is important, but there are provably between 6-10 teams that have enough talent to win a super bowl every year. Some years, like last year none get hot and they just pinball all year until I’ve is left by accident. But every so often one of them starts to build chemistry and play cohesive and just look like they are all on the same page. When that happens it might not be the teak with the “most” talent (or who we thought had the most) on paper but watch out. The eagles had that happen for them a few years ago. The ravens look like that this year. 

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

There is that baseball team in Baltimore...they call em the Os.

Angelos hasnt been great but I think Snyder has been much worse. Ive been an fan of both the skins and the O's my entire life. Everything Snyder touches turns to Shiat. I do give angelos credit for bringing in Showalter. Loved the attitude he bought to Baltimore. With P. Angelos health failing and his Sons taking over day to day operations you can already see the difference with them letting baseball people make baseball decisions. Its going to be a rough couple of years during the rebuild but I think they have the right person in Elias to do it.

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Ok Eagles. WTF? You can't stumble, bumble, and fumble and beat the Pats. Get it together.

Mistakes happen over 60 mins. Good teams win and you don’t remember them. But when your offense is painfully limited by the most god awful wideouts I’ve ever seen any mistake is amplified in the damage it inflicts. But my god their receivers are so bad it’s ruining what’s otherwise a pretty good team imo.  

It makes it hard to even evaluate Wentz imo  yea he missed some throws but EVERY qb does.  Except Wentz can’t afford too because the receivers are so awful that unless he is perfect they are screwed. I don’t know what’s worse, the 3-4 uncontested drops a game that end drives, or the fact they never ever make a play. 50/50 balls are more like 90/10 against for them. They never go up and bring down a contested catch. And that’s especially bad when they also don’t get open so everything is contested. 

I know losing Desean wasn’t the plan but that’s no excuse for the rest of the WR core to be this atrocious. And I hope they cut Agholor and just eat the last 5 million they owe him this year. I know that last play was a difficult catch but the throw was perfect and it’s a play you just have to make.  He never makes that play, and worse drops 1-2 easy catches a game on top.  Im sure the others behind him aren’t any better but at least it would be someone new for me to be upset at every Sunday  

end rant.  Back to over analyzing every model run to make over reactions about the winter  

I would put good money on the Ravens to win the Super Bowl. They are clearly the best team right now. I think a team that can control a game by running the ball is always a leg up on whoever they play IF they have a good defense. Lots of things can get in the way, turnovers being primary and kicking game as well, but if I had a choice to choose any style of play to try and win with I would choose the Ravens style every time.

I am gonna go ahead and weigh in as a football "neutral" to this area (since I am cursed with Bengals fandom) and tell Ravens fans there is no good reason to lower expectations - go ahead and dream big. Maybe MAYBE there is another team as good as Baltimore, but I haven't seen it this year. The Ravens absolutely should be thinking Super Bowl and a trophy. Doesn't mean they will get there and get one, but there is zero reason to think they can't. They are just as good an any other elite team you could name. And, unlike almost every other team, they are absolutely built to win in any conditions. If it's a massive cold or wind or monsoon or blizzard, none of that will really negatively affect them like it will others.

As long as Jackson is upright and able to run with no pulled muscles etc, I see no reason why you all should not dream big for 2019 and for any upcoming season where he is upright and healthy for the next 5-10 years.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic