Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November Banter 2019

George BM

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

Thats for a defense to figure out.  Covering with DBs or safeties will change things.  I'm just saying that over time you develop enough game film for a defense to study and find tendencies

There have been/will be games where the opposing D has a good scheme and the personnel to mitigate some of the things the Ravens do well. See the Seattle game. The passing stats were terrible. But that's where Jackson takes over and does his thing. Difficult to game plan for what he can do even when the called play breaks down.

12 minutes ago, H2O said:

Thats for a defense to figure out.  Covering with DBs or safeties will change things.  I'm just saying that over time you develop enough game film for a defense to study and find tendencies

It's no use trying to convince these guys Jackson isn't god. Sounds awfully familiar when RG3 was embarrassing defenses. Let them have their fun...the guy is super talented...for now. Who is his backup? :ph34r:

Just now, mappy said:

I'm just glad Flacco is gone, he was pretty washed up and worthless. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Ravens make a run for the Superbowl. 

Yeah it was time to move on from Joe Cool. He had a nice run, timed it well(SB MVP), and scored the huge contract. Way overpaid. Have that same situation now with mediocre QBs like Cousins and Goff.

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah it was time to move on from Joe Cool. He had a nice run, timed it well(SB MVP), and scored the huge contract. Way overpaid. Have that same situation now with mediocre QBs like Cousins and Goff.

I hope Cousins can have a couple more good seasons. I always liked him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

It's no use trying to convince these guys Jackson isn't god. Sounds awfully familiar when RG3 was embarrassing defenses. Let them have their fun...the guy is super talented...for now. Who is his backup? :ph34r:

There is a reason why they kept a third QB. They like RG3 mostly as a mentor. Not sure he would be the guy should Jackson get hurt and miss  several games. I dont think he has much left physically. Trace McSorely is the backup of the future- he is very athletic and has the intangibles and is well suited for this offense. A good "poor mans" Jackson.

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

There is a reason why they kept a third QB. They like RG3 mostly as a mentor. Not sure he would be the guy should Jackson get hurt and miss  several games. I dont think he has much left physically. Trace McSorely is the backup of the future- he is very athletic and has the intangibles and is well suited for this offense. A good "poor mans" Jackson.

I remember watching McSorely in High School. My son went to Loudoun County High School and Mcsorely tore us several new arses

• Like 1

Something about RG3 and the way he ran, plus the lanky frame, I always cringed watching him, even in college. He looked like an injury waiting to happen. Ofc it only takes one hit, or a horse collar, and it can happen to anyone. So Jackson is putting himself at risk. But he is fast, agile, and sees the field well. Vick had a small frame, and his broken leg occurred in the pocket IIRC. I think Jackson, Watson and Wilson are a bit different with their body types, skill sets, and awareness. Many injuries are non contact. Speaking of Watson, he tore his ACL in practice, in his rookie season I think? He had a similar injury in college. Knees and ankles put a lot of guys on the shelf and are not the result of taking hits in the open field.

7 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

It's not black and white that way. Many times however, having a cold air mass firmly entrenched, with moisture moving into it , gives the best chances for widespread frozen for much of our region. We don't need super cold, just need the correct h5 setup. High pressure over the lakes, Low to the NE off the maritimes.

I could go for a 8-12” WAA event where it’d be in the 20s region-wide with a slug of precip on radar heading this way.  #greedy

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

A little jealous seeing the pics from Ohio and the 1-3 inches in the forecast there - pretty much covering a good chunk of the state - Cincinnati up toward Cleveland along I-71 anyway...

This is the time of year when I shift my thinking of retiring somewhere on the water to somewhere in Tucker county with a ton of snow and Jonjon’s beer.

• Like 2

Just now, Bob Chill said:

One of the best MNF games I've seen tonight. Wilson is like a cyborg in the clutch. Never fails

Yeah that was really something else...That was a MNF game with the feel of SNF drama. And Wilson...as much as I'd love Lamar to get MVP, this is why Wilson is probably still in front right now! (voting may be still end up being close, lol) That was straight clutch--epic finish!

7 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

One of the best MNF games I've seen tonight. Wilson is like a cyborg in the clutch. Never fails

constantly top point-getter for me on my fantasy team, glad i picked him up. 

also, nice to see SEA pull out the win over SF. @H2O :D 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic