Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November Banter 2019

George BM

33 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Cunningham was rubberman, and smooth. Not faster lol. Mike Vick will tell you there has never been a faster NFL QB than Jackson. He is faster than most of the top tier receivers and running backs.

He just “looked” faster the way he ran. Sleek like you said. Also the comparable speeds of the game are different. Lamar is definitely faster, but defenses were slower, especially linebackers and safeties, back then. So it’s hard to compare. 

Jackson became the second player in NFL history to have a perfect passer rating (158.3) in multiple games in a single season. Second time he has done it this season.

He was 15-of-17 passing for 223 yards, 2 passing TDs and one rushing. He didn't play the 4th quarter, and one of his incompletions was a spike at the end of the first half.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

He just “looked” faster the way he ran. Sleek like you said. Also the comparable speeds of the game are different. Lamar is definitely faster, but defenses were slower, especially linebackers and safeties, back then. So it’s hard to compare. 

Yes he looked very smooth. Some of that was due to his tall, lanky frame. He was an elite athlete.

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

Cunningham had his running skills. But when Cunningham would inevitably come up against a good disciplined defense in the playoffs that could contain that part of his game he couldn’t orchestrate the offense within a system well enough to win.  A lot of that may have been the fault of crappy offensive coaching with the Eagles. If not for a choked kick he might have won a SB with the Vikings late in his career. We will find out if Lamar is better at that soon. He certainly has better coaching. I’ve loved Harbough since he was the Eagles teams coach way back.  

Agree with everything you stated. Lamar has the same "presence " on the field as Cunningham did but is bigger , stronger, and better coaches. Old Buddy relied too much on his defense. The missed FG was a shame. Minnesota and Randall deserved better.

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

That Lamar Jackson TD run was a thing of beauty. Pretty confident in saying there has never been anything quite like that from an NFL QB.

Sorry Steve Young and Mike Vick.

Yeah I could watch that over and over...that along with all his other remarkable highlights! (and the call by Kevin Harland was great: "Ohhhhhhh he broke his ankles!!" Lolol)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

Not to mention...Jackson has a certain shiftyness that Vick may not have even had. Of course Vick had the pure speed, but...LJ has this "twitch" where he can elude somebody right in front of him (and now today we see a new spin move, lol)

3 hours ago, mappy said:

Mr Map and I went over the summer. He had a work thing at Nemacolin so we made it an extended weekend getaway for my birthday. Did the tour and all, really great place, but was incredibly humid when we went (late June). I wouldn’t want to live in that house during the summer without central air. But still a great experience and glad we got to do it. 

We both said the same thing about the lack of AC....we could not imagine being there (or living there) in the summer.  Such a neat house though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

I don’t mind your posts one bit. I’m just a snarky wise arse. But...and don’t take this to be mean it’s just an observation and again you don’t bother me none, but you do seem slightly obsessed with KNOWING what will happen wrt weather and snowfall specifically. Don’t get me wrong we all try our best to predict but most of us acknowledge and accept the extreme unpredictability to long range (and medium for that matter) weather and we have fun with it. You seem to get really frustrated by it. That’s not going to be healthy or make you very happy in this hobby. I hope you don’t take that to be overly critical. I don’t mean it to be. We all have our quirks and eccentricities, and god knows I do plenty of stupid illogical things, just ask my wife she will give you a list of every one!  

No offense taken--because you're right: I am a little obsessed with knowing for whatever reason...(perhaps it's my overall impatience...It's kinda a quirk of mine that I tend to want to know what's happening and knowing exactly whether joy or disappointment is coming! Guess I'm still learning how to just prepare for more than one scenario, lol). And yet, it's my love of snow--and wanting to know when it was coming next--that drew me to this hobby more than the technicalities of the hobby itself (which I have ended up learning more about in the process!)

But the more winters I go through with this forum, I'm beginning to see what you mean...it is indeed fluid and has a healthy dose of unpredictability. Yeah, I like to search for trends and patterns of things to try and see "the future" so to speak...but I can see how weather just doesn't work that way!

9 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

That Lamar Jackson TD run was a thing of beauty. Pretty confident in saying there has never been anything quite like that from an NFL QB.

Sorry Steve Young and Mike Vick.

I'm not sure that I can name a single big hit that Jackson has taken all season. I think he has more awareness than most if not all mobile QBs before him, and of course he's built much better to sustain being a mobile QB. It's a pretty great combination. 

9 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Go ahead and bun me, but I can't wait to get some real snow. This GB/CAR game is great with the snow falling. 

Was just checking over Tropical and it looks as if it is ready to light up and here you are talking about snow? Get your priorities straight. And you think watching football in the snow is great? Check a game out during a CAT 3/4. Now that is entertainment. 

• Haha 1

It's only gonna take one spin move and a 250 LB running full speed into his chest and the experiment ends. Personally I believe the kid has enough talent to adapt but you'd be a fool to think he can continue to run at the pace he currently does. Yeah yeah yeah he's really good at getting down and hasn't taken a flush hit yet...I hear you

2 hours ago, H2O said:

Running qbs just don’t have super long careers. And defenses adjust.  Once they take away the TE option for Jackson he will not do as well. 

How will they take them away? They have 3 very good ones and they have multiple TEs on the field practically every play lol. They are essential in both the passing game and the running game. Wide receivers  in this offense mostly block. 

Jackson has a knack for getting sideways and avoiding big hits, plus he does things like he did on that TD run yesterday. He is 22. Will he still be doing this at 28? Not to the same degree is my guess. But as we have seen, he can stand in the pocket and go through his progressions and throw accurately. The offense is engineered to make the most of his talent right now, and part of that is his youth. That can be modified going forward.

14 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

How will they take them away? They have 3 very good ones and they have multiple TEs on the field practically every play lol. They are essential in both the passing game and the running game. Wide receivers  in this offense mostly block. 

Thats for a defense to figure out.  Covering with DBs or safeties will change things.  I'm just saying that over time you develop enough game film for a defense to study and find tendencies

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic